• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support in joint custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aubreyz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA

My ex and I are undergoing a modification; I was the CP with primary physical custody for 3.5 years after divorce, he has been the temporary CP with physical custody for several months, and now I will be CP again, but he will have 50% time through visitation.

His income is 7.5 times my income, and I received a good-sized child support payment for the 3.5 years. Now that our daughter will be with him half of the time, he says that he will owe no child support. My understanding is that he will not be ordered to pay the full amount he did before, but will still be required to pay an amount that allows for our parenting times to not have such an extreme financial disparity.

How does this usually go?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA

My ex and I are undergoing a modification; I was the CP with primary physical custody for 3.5 years after divorce, he has been the temporary CP with physical custody for several months, and now I will be CP again, but he will have 50% time through visitation.

His income is 7.5 times my income, and I received a good-sized child support payment for the 3.5 years. Now that our daughter will be with him half of the time, he says that he will owe no child support. My understanding is that he will not be ordered to pay the full amount he did before, but will still be required to pay an amount that allows for our parenting times to not have such an extreme financial disparity.

How does this usually go?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
I don't know specifically your state laws, but I just googled your states child support online calculator. Its very detailed and might help you. http://www.courts.wa.gov/ssgen/
There is also a link on the page to your states DSHS site.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">