• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adoption 17 yr old time line to change mind

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Servicefun

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? indiana

how long do you have to change mind if you sign papers for adoption?

My ex husband has legal custody of the my child. He is not the real dad (step dad).She decide to live with him because of her friends and school. At this time he got insurance so I was signing a paper so he could put her on his insurance. But i still have rights. Now there are put pressure on my Child and make her sign the paper or she has already sign it. If she don't sign it then she has to leave the house. I cant call her, he is hiding her, don't take calls or message. He is afraid that's I talk to my Daughter and chance her mind. He is brain washing her. I am here in Florida? What i can do? Baby was coming 7 weeks earlier then expected.

Can someone help me?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Frankly, your original post doesn't make much sense. I really don't know what you're asking.
I'm pretty sure it's this:

OP's 17 year old daughter is pregnant and lives with her step-father, OP's ex-husband (which probably makes the girl his ex-step-daughter). Stepfather is "forcing" the girl to put the baby up for adoption. He is also blocking all communication between OP and the girl. OP wants to know what her rights are (presumably, her right to see/speak to her daughter) and if there is a time frame during which her daughter can change her mind, if she does proceed with the adoption.

Servicefun, when you say he has "legal custody", was that somehow court-ordered, or do you believe he has legal custody because you drew up a private agreement?

If his custody is court-ordered, do you have any visitation? Supervised visitation? Are there any court-ordered restrictions to your having any communication with her?

Servicefun

It's a friend of my, she is not very good with PC. Step dad filed in court for adoption while she is living with her. Because daughter like to live there and he was paying for the school and cheer leader programs. He got a lot money. My friend couldn't afford a attorney, that's why she agree that's he become guardianship. That's he can provide health insurance. Since she is pregnant, he is taking the calls, her daughter doesn't have one. If she get a chance to talk to her daughter, he is listing to the conversation. If he don't like it then he is hanging up. I try to call him, first he told me it is the best for her, because she is going to college what he paid for it. Then I told him the would be a way to raise a child and still going to college. ( she like to make a Family Attorney, but she will have to deal with kids). He knows all Cops it is a little City. He know personal the Judge. Because his dad is the best friend of the Judge. I was trying to move this case out of this county, but it did not work out at this time. Ok this is the past.

He got only Guardianship and her rights was not terminated. She is going to visit her daughter, because she delivered 7 weeks earlier. The plans now are mess up. She is afraid, because she called all hospitals and there are told her she is not there.

How is the law in Indiana? What right she got, or how can I help her?

>Charlotte<

Lurker
If your friend is determined to do this herself Indiana has self-help legal information on its web site at the following link, which includes forms and information on procedure.

http://www.in.gov/judiciary/selfservice/forms/

Then I told him the would be a way to raise a child and still going to college.
If you or your friend thinks this 17 year old girl with no formal education should be talked out of adoption, you're out of your minds. This girl has the right to make what she feels is the best decision for her and this baby and your friend can't stop her.

Servicefun

Thats from the sister of my friend.....
I called Lxxxxxxxt Police Talked with Lt Kxxxx Cxxxxx, she sounded like this case was something new, and then she said she was aware of the situation and that my niece Chxxxx baby was allright I got a little concerned at this point because Chelsea is a minor that is why they're being very closed about all of this and we are considered outsiders don't have any rights or they make us think this. But I feel that everyone up there is in co-hoots (up to something because they know mike personally) this is just an instinctive feeling then Lt Cxxxxxx said wait 2-3 minutes before I called Child Protective Services she wanted to call first and talk to them before I did what does that sound like? Since I've made over 10 calls to police, hospitals and child protective agencies, The Director Bxxxxx Bxxxx with CPS xxx-xxx-8218, xxx-xxx-6387, If you call don't talk to anyone BUT Bxxxx Bxxxx, DIRECTOR because He has only 1 year there and he is not from Loxxxxxt like most of the people I've talked to they already know everything from the Mcxxxx SEE WHAT I MEAN.

The girl is under pressure, if her step dad tell her she has to give up her baby or she can look were she can live. That's for me brain washing. My Friend right of her daughter are not terminated. I will open a case to stop the adoption, and that's her daughter would be listen in court. I don't know but can i Chance the county for this or it must be the same county where her daughter is living?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">