• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support obligations???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

danimark

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia I have a daughter that has recently been in contact with her father after 20 years. I raised this child by myself and really was helped out by the state assistance and welfare agencies of two different states. I never received any child support but did file a claim back in Texas many years ago, but somehow the SSN of father had become transposed or not inputted correctly so I never PRESSED the issue. I am just wondering IF he is still legally obligated to pay the back child support to me and my daughter along with the state? I know he would have to pay the state back because I did have a court date way back when but since his ssn was incorrect at time of filing nothing ever came of it.

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia I have a daughter that has recently been in contact with her father after 20 years. I raised this child by myself and really was helped out by the state assistance and welfare agencies of two different states. I never received any child support but did file a claim back in Texas many years ago, but somehow the SSN of father had become transposed or not inputted correctly so I never PRESSED the issue. I am just wondering IF he is still legally obligated to pay the back child support to me and my daughter along with the state? I know he would have to pay the state back because I did have a court date way back when but since his ssn was incorrect at time of filing nothing ever came of it.
well, if the state couldn't find him, and no order was established, then most likely dad got away with it scott free.

Proserpina

The question is, was there ever actually an order made?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">