• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filling out Self Service Forms

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I am helping my friend fill out the self service packet for establishing child support and in the packet is 6 pages concerning establishing paternity. I am wondering if these must be filled out? Husband is listed on both kids birth certificates and there has never been a question of paternity.

A little background info:

My friend has been married to her husband 30 years and is currently separated. There is a domestic violence case open and a restraining order for husband to stay away from the oldest child. It's been in place since Feb. of 2009 and was recently continued until May of 2010. In the meantime the judge didn't award any child support and she is now supporting herself and the two kids with no help from him. He will not contribute until he is made to.

I know you all like for the person who has the issue to be asking these questions but she is a mess and is requesting my assistance so I told her I'd see if I could get any suggestions here and we'll go from there. Meanwhile we'll continue filling out the rest of these forms.

Antigone*

I am helping my friend fill out the self service packet for establishing child support and in the packet is 6 pages concerning establishing paternity. I am wondering if these must be filled out? Husband is listed on both kids birth certificates and there has never been a question of paternity.

My friend has been married to her husband 30 years and is currently separated. There is a domestic violence case open and a restraining order for husband to stay away from the oldest child. It's been in place since Feb. of 2009 and was recently continued until May of 2010. In the meantime the judge didn't award any child support and she is now supporting herself and the two kids with no help from him. He will not contribute until he is made to.

I know you all like for the person who has the issue to be asking these questions but she is a mess and is requesting my assistance so I told her I'd see if I could get any suggestions here and we'll go from there. Meanwhile we'll continue filling out the rest of these forms.
Can you please hold the forms in question up to the monitor and we'll be glad to review them for you:rolleyes:

Can you please hold the forms in question up to the monitor and we'll be glad to review them for you:rolleyes:
No need to be sarcastic! I thought maybe someone who had experience with the California self service assistance packet would answer.

However to give more information it's DCSS 0095

Under the state website when you print out the packet to complete under DCSS 0597 several forms print out.

LdiJ

If mom and dad are married, and those forms are to establish paternity, then they are not needed, because paternity is already established.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">