• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I modify parenting plan?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cobrakai

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington Hello, this forum has been a big help for me in the past so I wanted to ask for your advice/opinion. My son(almost 5) lives in California and I in Seattle. Part of the Parenting Plan is that I get weekly phone calls and webcam time with him. Well this phone call time is very erratic. Sometimes it is once a week, sometimes twice a week. Sometimes she'll go over a week without having me talk to him. Basically whenever she feels like it. There's never been any webcam time with my son. Should I go back to court and try and modify the parenting plan to actual days/times for the phone calls?

Dg82w4

Yeah

If the court order states that you should receive phone calls and web cam time with your son once a week and his mother is denying this then the court order is not being followed. Is the order for her to have your son call you or for you to call your son? interaction between a child and his father is very important for the child. If your son's mother feels that the time talking with his father is not beneficial for her son she needs to bring it to the court too and not decide how the court will be followed on her own. you may wish to talk with an attorney many offer free consultation. You could ask for advice and do the work on your own.

cobrakai

the pp is very vague. I did it Pro Se and should've done a better job. The pp just calls for weekly phone and webcam time with my son. That leaves a lot for interpretation. I want more than just once or twice a week.

One of my thoughts was to send my son's mom a registered letter stating that days/times I think we should follow and see if that works. Plus, if it doesn't help at least I can show the judge that I'm trying my hardest. I have no desire to go to court again, just want to talk to my boy.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
the pp is very vague. I did it Pro Se and should've done a better job. The pp just calls for weekly phone and webcam time with my son. That leaves a lot for interpretation. I want more than just once or twice a week.

One of my thoughts was to send my son's mom a registered letter stating that days/times I think we should follow and see if that works. Plus, if it doesn't help at least I can show the judge that I'm trying my hardest. I have no desire to go to court again, just want to talk to my boy.
Here is the thing -- it would be better to state that mom will make sure to have the child return any calls you make within twenty four hours. The child could be at a friend's house playing or in chorus or band or at football practice. You don't want to interfere with your child having a life but rather want to be a part of his life, correct? As such file to modify with the idea that the child return any calls from you within twenty four hours of receiving a call. In addition, web cam time shall take place at least once a week between the hours of (name hours) and shall be arranged by phone call.

cobrakai

Thank you all for replying. Ohiogal, you are so right about the 24hr phone call idea. Do you think I should send the certified letter to my son's mom to let her know what I think we should start doing? Thank you again for all the help everyone.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Thank you all for replying. Ohiogal, you are so right about the 24hr phone call idea. Do you think I should send the certified letter to my son's mom to let her know what I think we should start doing? Thank you again for all the help everyone.
YOu can send it requesting that but she does not have to abide by the request.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">