• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Copyright footnote on website.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jjv3131

What is the name of your state (Texas)?

Hi, I need some help. I am going to be broadcasting a music video TV show and I made a website for it. I posted the logo of the channel we will be broadcasting from and the channel info.

I just went to a meeting today and they told me to take down the logo and change the channel info.

I understand the logo and I changed the font for the channel info which is what they requested. Also, they told me I couldn't place a footnote on my page that says "name of website" 2010 copyright - all rights reserved.

I already took out all the info refering to the channel, why are they asking me to take away the footnote?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (Texas)?

Hi, I need some help. I am going to be broadcasting a music video TV show and I made a website for it. I posted the logo of the channel we will be broadcasting from and the channel info.

I just went to a meeting today and they told me to take down the logo and change the channel info.

I understand the logo and I changed the font for the channel info which is what they requested. Also, they told me I couldn't place a footnote on my page that says "name of website" 2010 copyright - all rights reserved.

I already took out all the info refering to the channel, why are they asking me to take away the footnote?
I'm sorry, but how would WE know? Ask THEM!

FlyingRon

You do not need to register things to have a copyright.
If they wish to make conditions on the use of their content, you either abide by it or you don't use their content.

I suspect you have other issues, but since you haven't given us a clue what you are talking about, we really can't help.
What sort of channel are we talking about, an OTA station?
What sort of show are you streaming.
How are you securing the performance rights as well as the content itself if the station doesn't fully own it all?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">