• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contempt or case close

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nlmart02

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? KY

The child support office just called me and wanted me to sign a paper for the 3rd time to put my sons father in contempt again. I told them he was getting his GED to get a good job and wanted to give him more time. They told me I could either close the case or sign contempt to put him in jail for not paying or they was going to close the case for me for me not cooperating. Is this legal?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? KY

The child support office just called me and wanted me to sign a paper for the 3rd time to put my sons father in contempt again. I told them he was getting his GED to get a good job and wanted to give him more time. They told me I could either close the case or sign contempt to put him in jail for not paying or they was going to close the case for me for me not cooperating. Is this legal?
Yep it is legal. He apparently has not paid ANYTHING in a very long time so why should the child support office waste time on your case when there are people who NEED and WANT their services?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">