• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mail payment with U.S. citizemship application?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jjv3131

What is the name of your state (texas)?

Hi, I'm a U.S. permamnent resident and I am applying to be a citizen using the N-600 form. It says that to apply for citizenship I have to pay 600 and some dollars and send a copy of my resident alien card but it doesn't say if I have to send it along with the application.

If you guys can help me out, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

evcalyptos

What is the name of your state (texas)?

Hi, I'm a U.S. permamnent resident and I am applying to be a citizen using the N-600 form. It says that to apply for citizenship I have to pay 600 and some dollars and send a copy of my resident alien card but it doesn't say if I have to send it along with the application.

If you guys can help me out, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
I wouldn't recommend using the N-600; it is not the correct form.

Please go to uscis.gov and click the big link for 'Citizenship'. Follow the instructions for Naturalization, if that is the method you are using.
Download and read carefully the Guide To Naturalization.

If you have the form number correct, and you are claiming US citizenship (through the naturalization of a parent, and you are under 18) then follow those instructions.

All the latest versions of the forms and instructions are there and clearly state what you need to send with each application. Yes, the fee goes with the application.

Be careful, this is an expensive application to mess up.

jjv3131

I wouldn't recommend using the N-600; it is not the correct form.

Please go to uscis.gov and click the big link for 'Citizenship'. Follow the instructions for Naturalization, if that is the method you are using.
Download and read carefully the Guide To Naturalization.

If you have the form number correct, and you are claiming US citizenship (through the naturalization of a parent, and you are under 18) then follow those instructions.

All the latest versions of the forms and instructions are there and clearly state what you need to send with each application. Yes, the fee goes with the application.

Be careful, this is an expensive application to mess up.
Lol, yeah sorry. It's the N-400. I already have it printed and ready to go, I'm just waiting on my income tax return so I can send the fee along with it but didn't know if I needed to send them together.

Thank you for the information.

evcalyptos

Lol, yeah sorry. It's the N-400. I already have it printed and ready to go, I'm just waiting on my income tax return so I can send the fee along with it but didn't know if I needed to send them together.

Thank you for the information.
You need photos too.. the information is at the back of the instructions for the form; I really do suggest that you review them and make sure you have all the attachments the application requires.

best wishes!

ImmigAttyLana

You don't need to send in your tax returns with your N-400. You only need to send the application, photos, copy of your green card (front and back) and filing fee check. Send it to the correct address (check instructions) and that is all you need.

evcalyptos

You don't need to send in your tax returns with your N-400. You only need to send the application, photos, copy of your green card (front and back) and filing fee check. Send it to the correct address (check instructions) and that is all you need.
I read it that they were waiting for the $$$ from the refund to pay the fee, not to enclose the returns.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">