• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Maternity Leave

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

westanza

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

If you give birth during a weekend, does your maternity leave begin on the first weekday?

lawinc

Before You Have The Baby
In California, State Disability allows you to leave work (paid) up to 4 weeks before your scheduled due date. I very HIGHLY recommend that you take the whole time. If you don't take it, you lose it. You cannot add this time on to your recovery time. Many women end up having their babies early, so you may not end up getting 4 weeks anyway.

Isis1

Before You Have The Baby
In California, State Disability allows you to leave work (paid) up to 4 weeks before your scheduled due date. I very HIGHLY recommend that you take the whole time. If you don't take it, you lose it. You cannot add this time on to your recovery time. Many women end up having their babies early, so you may not end up getting 4 weeks anyway.
i haven't met one woman that has their baby early that was not accidently induced due to stress.

have you ever been pregnant? i've had four babies. NOT ONE came early!!!:(

Indiana Filer

i haven't met one woman that has their baby early that was not accidently induced due to stress.

have you ever been pregnant? i've had four babies. NOT ONE came early!!!:(
It happens. DS was 5 weeks before his calculated due date (at 7 lbs 12 oz). I could not have gotten pregnant any earlier than the week we calculated from. DH had been away for a while prior, and we made up for lost time. ;)

DD was 2 1/2 weeks before due date. She weighed 8 lbs 10 oz.

I was scared to have a third child. I figured he/she would be right on time and weigh 20 pounds. :eek:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl

(
I sure have. A friend of mine was only in her sixth month when her daughter was born. Due to a miracle of medicine, the baby is now 17 years old, but it was touch and go for weeks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">