• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Security Clearance Terminated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrx1350

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

I recently found out that my security clearance was terminated. When I left my previous company, the employer filed a false claim against me. Is there anything I can do to dispute this claim?

swalsh411

Do you need a clearance right now for your current job?

edit: And how do you know it was because of statements made by your former employer that labeled you are untrustworthy? Clearances can be administratively downgraded or terminated if the person no longer requires access to classified material.

Last edited:

mrx1350

Do you need a clearance right now for your current job?

edit: And how do you know it was because of statements made by your former employer that labeled you are untrustworthy? Clearances can be administratively downgraded or terminated if the person no longer requires access to classified material.
My current job does not require me to have a clearance. However, I was talking to a recuritor for another job that did require clearance. The recuritor at this new company said my clearance was terminiated due to a security breach.

Just to give you a background of what happend, I resigned and gave my previous employer 2 weeks of notice. however, a situation occured on the job site where someone made a derrogatory comment towards me. This incident was reported to my manager, but he failed to do anything about it since i was leaving in 2 weeks. AS a result, I didn't feel comfortable working ther and decided to leave the company earlier than 2 weeks. I left my badge and cac card on my manger's desk. Out of spite, my former employer filed an incident report. Is there anything i can do to dispute this?

Last edited:

Some Random Guy

I left my badge and cac card on my manger's desk.
You left your security credentials in an unsecured and unattended area. They decided to take this security failure and report it as more seriously than you think is warranted.

If you want to appeal this change, you will need to contact the military.

Personnel Security Clearances Office Information (PSCO) - Personnel Security FAQs

Before contacting them, make sure you will be able to articulate why this claim (which is not a false claim, but depending on the circumstances may be overblown) should not warrant a revocation of your clearance. If a security clearance will greatly affect you, then you may want to talk to an expert in the appeals process before starting your appeal.

mrx1350

You left your security credentials in an unsecured and unattended area. They decided to take this security failure and report it as more seriously than you think is warranted.

If you want to appeal this change, you will need to contact the military.

Personnel Security Clearances Office Information (PSCO) - Personnel Security FAQs

Before contacting them, make sure you will be able to articulate why this claim (which is not a false claim, but depending on the circumstances may be overblown) should not warrant a revocation of your clearance. If a security clearance will greatly affect you, then you may want to talk to an expert in the appeals process before starting your appeal.
As mentioned, my current job does not require any clearance. However, my concern is that this will be on my record and may prevent me from getting another job in the future.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">