• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance cut off with 2 days notice? NY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

andrewisnice

Title pretty much says it all. I am 22 years old with semi-serious cardiological issues and I was quite arbitrarily downsized/notified of the termination of my coverage two days before the termination took effect. It would be easily demonstrated that financial duress was the only factor in my boss' decision. Can I get the ultimate revenge and sue my boss or is the Law of the opinion that I should just be happy for having been insured while they could afford it?

andrewisnice

i don't use the word 'hero' very often, but your fishing around on a legal advice forum to dissuade the unduly litigious makes you the greatest hero in american history

ecmst12

You should be eligible for Cobra including the subsidy since you were terminated through no fault of your own.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Seems to me I heard that the subsidy expired March 31. Was it renewed again when I wasn't looking? (not impossible, I haven't been looking for the last couple of days.)

ecmst12

Hm I don't know, I am fortunately no longer unemployed and I never went on Cobra anyway (too expensive even with the subsidy) so I haven't been paying as much attention.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">