• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do you send someone money when the person wants no contact?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA.
I owe someone money, and would like to send this person this money
(it was a personal loan).
This person has a pending civil action against me-of a completely separate matter-and wants no contact.
Regardless I would still like to pay this individual back.
Any suggestions?

Antigone*

This person has a pending civil action against me-of a completely separate matter-and wants no contact.
Any suggestions?
Send them a check in he mail:rolleyes:

xylene

Any suggestions?
You don't.

You wait for the case to go to court.

You don't get to make your amends - you don't make you point - you don't get to clear your conscience - and you don't get to make your gesture.

The civil action against me is not about money.
The money owed is of a different manner completely.
I thought about sending the cash via fed ex.
It is not about clearing my conscience-its their money.

Taking a chance

Ive decided to take a chance-and will be sending $1000. cash via Fed Ex in roughly 10 days;)
I am aware this has no bearing on the civil action-which is a completely separate matter.

Last edited:

justalayman

sending cash is a really bad idea. How do you prove you put $1000 in the envelope should the recipient claim there was less?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You are an idiot, and you will probably end up in jail or on probation for your criminal stalking.

Sending unwanted gifts, even cash (cash equivalent) is creepy stalking when you have been told to stay away.
This is repayment of a debt. The simple matter of sending a check in payment of a debt does NOT rise to the level of stalking.

xylene

This is repayment of a debt. The simple matter of sending a check in payment of a debt does NOT rise to the level of stalking.
Per the poster, the subject debt has been canceled by the lender, the poster told to stay away and have no contact, and the poster is already going to court with this party for an ambiguous 'civil matter'.

The poster can't wait to get this 'debt' off his chest and make it up...

That sounds real bad.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Per the poster, the subject debt has been canceled by the lender, the poster told to stay away and have no contact, and the poster is already going to court with this party for an ambiguous 'civil matter'.

The poster can't wait to get this 'debt' off his chest and make it up...

That sounds real bad.
I must have missed that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">