• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

medical insurance cut

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KJay

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

When I got hired, I got full medical coverage for myself and my family from the company. Later I figure out that's a benefit for only a few specific ethnic group, so the company let me keep it as a secret. Suddenly, they informed me that they cannot cover the insurance for my family after three years working for them and I had to pay for my family's insurance even though it was a deal made up besides my salary when I got hired. Is this appropriate legal action?

pattytx

I see from your other post that you have been terminated for gross misconduct and you were still offered COBRA. So, what's the problem?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Then you're going to need to ask for a copy of the plan document, aren't you?

Because that's where the answer to your question is.

I will say again what I said in your other thread; you do not know how lucky you are that they offered you COBRA. At this point, any other issue is pretty much a moot point.

Beth3

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

When I got hired, I got full medical coverage for myself and my family from the company. Later I figure out that's a benefit for only a few specific ethnic group, so the company let me keep it as a secret. Suddenly, they informed me that they cannot cover the insurance for my family after three years working for them and I had to pay for my family's insurance even though it was a deal made up besides my salary when I got hired. Is this appropriate legal action?
Just read your other post. Charlotte is right - it's a miracle you were offered COBRA. Since you no longer work there, what in the heck are you talking about???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">