• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KJay

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

I'm not sure this is right forum to post this issue.

I was working for tire company as a warehouse and logistic manager. I got terminated from my job because I was taking kickback money from my vendor trucking company. What kind of legal actions can be taken by my former company except termination? And with what kind of proof my former company can terminate my job and what kind of proof can be used to prove the kickback in the court? Thank you.

Last edited:

pattytx

Expect a terrible reference from this employer for any job you apply for for years to come.

What WERE you thinking? :eek:

pattytx

COBRA is a separate issue. Personally, I would not have had you been my employee; employees terminated for "gross misconduct" do not have to be offered COBRA. Consider yourself lucky at this point.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
OF COURSE they can take other legal action against you. Good heavens, man, what kind of an idiot are you?

You have NO idea how lucky you are that they sent you a COBRA notice. Under these circumstances, they could EASILY have called it gross misconduct and refused to allow it.

And no, sending you a COBRA notice is NOT the other legal action that could be taken against you. Being sued, that's the other legal action that could be taken against you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">