• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Voluntary Underemployment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Actually what is "sad" is that after all the years you have posted on this forum you still don't understand the law...Unless it is in regards to GPV. :(
I'd debate that because she doesn't understand what Troxel actually said. even though i have tried to explain several times.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I would agree with you but then I would be accused of being one of your "minions". :p

Ahhh...Screw it!!

Co-signed!! ;)
Dang it. If you are CC's minion does that mean you are not longer mine? Oh wait, I don't have minions -- I have a wolf pack. So can you be a minion AND in a wolf pack? And who takes priority -- the ALPHA or your minion leader?

TROXEL = WEIGHT MUST BE GIVEN TO A FIT PARENT'S wishes regarding who the fit parent's child associates with.

Just Blue

Dang it. If you are CC's minion does that mean you are not longer mine? Oh wait, I don't have minions -- I have a wolf pack. So can you be a minion AND in a wolf pack? And who takes priority -- the ALPHA or your minion leader?

Both= One-in-the-same.

Come ON!! Everyone knows you and CC are just one person!!! :D

alcoello

Update

Ok . .I spoke with an attorney here in Texas that will help me walk thru the case. Just running this by you guys to see what you think.

Once he files for a petition to reduce, then I will cross file with an increase. Answer him on the 19th day. File Request for Disclosure, RFP, Discover . .blah blah blah, and keep it grinding out until December when I can then ask him to produce his w-2.

I got an investigator involved and what I thought he was doing was correct. He lowered his salary at the corporate level and he is taking it in bonuses at the local level, but that will still be produced on the W-2.

ugh . . i wish he would just pay his freakin' child support. He acts like the State of Texas created the law of 20% of your income just as a conspiracy against him!

garrula lingua

Years ago, I was involved in a filthy divorce where I represented Mom and she ran out of money. We couldn't hire a forensic accountant to trace money (usually only worth the $ for issues re business income or separating out separate property, anyway).
We subpoenaed all Dad's bank accounts for the last two years.
We, then, calculated all of Dad's deposits and all of Dad's payments, and reconstructed his income/financial picture from that. It wound up with a very successful outcome for Mom.
It was tedious, and the banks charged quite a bit (we subpoenaed about ten banks, some charged a research fee, even though the accounts were closed a long time). Mom saved money by having her friend deliver the subpoenaes and she did most of the listing of deposits.

In your case, if his wife is working, then it would be hard to reconstruct only his income from his checking accounts (he may also be depositing money in savings or company IRAs - Sears may not be helping him hide income, maybe he's dumping large amounts into a company deferred compensation/IRA account)
You could do interrogs to find out where he banks, then do subpoenaes.
If you send subpoenas to his banks, be careful to ask for any account information using his name, birthday, and social security number, to include account # xxx(known), and any other account.
Be aware that the bank will charge you to respond to the subpoena, but, at least you, hopefully, are getting at his actual money information. If you do this, examine the accounts for transfers to, or from, other accounts & look at what he's spending money on.
If you're in CA, the subpoena can be issued by an attorney - as long as there is a current case before the court.

Zephyr

Years ago, I was involved in a filthy divorce where I represented Mom and she ran out of money. We couldn't hire a forensic accountant to trace money (usually only worth the $ for issues re business income or separating out separate property, anyway).
We subpoenaed all Dad's bank accounts for the last two years.
We, then, calculated all of Dad's deposits and all of Dad's payments, and reconstructed his income/financial picture from that. It wound up with a very successful outcome for Mom.
It was tedious, and the banks charged quite a bit (we subpoenaed about ten banks, some charged a research fee, even though the accounts were closed a long time). Mom saved money by having her friend deliver the subpoenaes and she did most of the listing of deposits.

In your case, if his wife is working, then it would be hard to reconstruct only his income from his checking accounts (he may also be depositing money in savings or company IRAs - Sears may not be helping him hide income, maybe he's dumping large amounts into a company deferred compensation/IRA account)
You could do interrogs to find out where he banks, then do subpoenaes.
If you send subpoenas to his banks, be careful to ask for any account information using his name, birthday, and social security number, to include account # xxx(known), and any other account.
Be aware that the bank will charge you to respond to the subpoena, but, at least you, hopefully, are getting at his actual money information. If you do this, examine the accounts for transfers to, or from, other accounts & look at what he's spending money on.
If you're in CA, the subpoena can be issued by an attorney - as long as there is a current case before the court.
*standing ovation*....that was just beautiful!:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">