• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quitclaim law in divorce process

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mimi3311

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I am in the process of divorce now. I am trying to purchase my own house with cash my family lended me(wired to my bank account from my family's bank account) now for the safe of my children and myself
It is in California.
I am worrying that I will not be able to close escrow and title ,if my-ex-to-be refuses to sign on quitclaim deed.

My question is : Quitclaim Deed has to be included with closing escrow and title same time?
OR Quitclaim Deed can be recorded after closing escrow and title ?

My-ex-to-be is mental, physical abuser who is still trying to controll me,so I guess it takes time to get sign by him. But I don't want to wait to purchase a house untill get a sign by him.
Any suggestion , advice, information will be appreciated.
Thank you very much.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I am in the process of divorce now. I am trying to purchase my own house with cash my family lended me(wired to my bank account from my family's bank account) now for the safe of my children and myself
It is in California.
I am worrying that I will not be able to close escrow and title ,if my-ex-to-be refuses to sign on quitclaim deed.

My question is : Quitclaim Deed has to be included with closing escrow and title same time?
OR Quitclaim Deed can be recorded after closing escrow and title ?

My-ex-to-be is mental, physical abuser who is still trying to controll me,so I guess it takes time to get sign by him. But I don't want to wait to purchase a house untill get a sign by him.
Any suggestion , advice, information will be appreciated.
Thank you very much.
**A: do not sign any contract to purchase or put down any cash until you check with your divorce attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">