• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Township Housing department is troubling me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kganeshkumar76

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New jersey
I have moved from DE to NJ in an apartment on April 17th. In DE I lived in a 2 bed room apartment, but when I moved to NJ since there is no 2 bed room apartment available in that community I went with the 1 bed room apartment. My family size is 2 adults and 1 kid (Myself, my wife and my 1 year old son). Currently My mother is staying with me in a visitor visa and she will be going back on June 7th. The apartment management was aware of these things and they agreed on this. But later on I got a inspection from the Township housing department and got a notice saying that 3 adults cannot live in a single bedroom apartment and they are asking me to send my mother before may 12. My mother is a diabetic and BP patient who cannot stay alone in a hotel or some where for this short time period. But those township people threatening me by this notice. Any legal help to keep my mother with me for these additional 25 days (between may 12 to June 7).

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New jersey
I have moved from DE to NJ in an apartment on April 17th. In DE I lived in a 2 bed room apartment, but when I moved to NJ since there is no 2 bed room apartment available in that community I went with the 1 bed room apartment. My family size is 2 adults and 1 kid (Myself, my wife and my 1 year old son). Currently My mother is staying with me in a visitor visa and she will be going back on June 7th. The apartment management was aware of these things and they agreed on this. But later on I got a inspection from the Township housing department and got a notice saying that 3 adults cannot live in a single bedroom apartment and they are asking me to send my mother before may 12. My mother is a diabetic and BP patient who cannot stay alone in a hotel or some where for this short time period. But those township people threatening me by this notice. Any legal help to keep my mother with me for these additional 25 days (between may 12 to June 7).
They didn't say that MOM had to leave. They said that you can't have more than 3 adults. Looks to me like you or the wifey should get yourself a hotel/motel room for 25 days!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">