• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child's passport

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maia71

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Atlanta, GA
Hello

The USA embassy refuses to issue passport for a child (US citizen by birth) who is under 16, because his single mother (former legal emigrant is not in the US since 1996), changed her name and can not proof parentage. The US embassy refuses to issue permission for a DNA test. The US consul humiliates mother all the time and tells her that she’s a liar. He doesn’t want to hear anything except mother’s name change, what she can not provide by the fact that her name change which was done in her country back in 1993, as we investigate many times, was illegally issued by the passport office. What can be done in this situation? Can the US embassy refuse to arrange DNA test in this situation? Can The US consul play on child’s life and keep him in foreign country almost 2 years whit out valid passport? After mother’s multiple visits to the US embassy, she was kicked out because she asked the US consul for a DNA test. He told her that DNA test does not proof anything. If he’s sure that mother lies, than he has to alert The USA Children’s services or FBI agents, that US citizen child is in danger and some “liar” (mother) is pretending her self as mother???? He’s not doing anything to protect US citizen Child but he’s making worst, he’s not allowing mother and son to proof parentage by DNA test. All evidents of my former name is in the USA as I was a legal emigrant, but I can’t excess them.
ThanksWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Atlanta, GA
Hello

The USA embassy refuses to issue passport for a child (US citizen by birth) who is under 16, because his single mother (former legal emigrant is not in the US since 1996), changed her name and can not proof parentage. The US embassy refuses to issue permission for a DNA test. The US consul humiliates mother all the time and tells her that she’s a liar. He doesn’t want to hear anything except mother’s name change, what she can not provide by the fact that her name change which was done in her country back in 1993, as we investigate many times, was illegally issued by the passport office. What can be done in this situation? Can the US embassy refuse to arrange DNA test in this situation? Can The US consul play on child’s life and keep him in foreign country almost 2 years whit out valid passport? After mother’s multiple visits to the US embassy, she was kicked out because she asked the US consul for a DNA test. He told her that DNA test does not proof anything. If he’s sure that mother lies, than he has to alert The USA Children’s services or FBI agents, that US citizen child is in danger and some “liar” (mother) is pretending her self as mother???? He’s not doing anything to protect US citizen Child but he’s making worst, he’s not allowing mother and son to proof parentage by DNA test. All evidents of my former name is in the USA as I was a legal emigrant, but I can’t excess them.
ThanksWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You hire an attorney in the US to obtain the records for you for your name change. Or, in the alternative, you contact the courthouse where your name was changed, and you ask for a copy of your file.

PQN

And he is correct a dna test will not prove that you are the legal mother of the child, just the biological one.

maia71

What is going on people?
It’s not difficult for me to proof legal parentage, as all mother’s and their children, I too have a pictures, videos, people who know us. I worked almost 11 years in abroad and we have a same visas in our passport.... how can you tell me that somebody from US embassy is right? I do not wish to go and live in the USA, I feel my self happy where I am but as consul suggests "get your country’s passport for your child" this is disgusting. Child was born in the USA and I do not have any rights to change this.
Thanks, you’re so supportive

PQN

I think you are missing the point. What legal documents do you have that prove you are the child's legal parent and where is the other parent?

As I am sure the embassy told you, you will need:

1. Certified copy of child's birth certificate,showing US birth
2. A government issued photo ID
3. Both of the minor's parents must appear with the minor.
4. A certfied copy of your name change documents plus a photo ID
5. If her father is gone, you will need either his (1) certified death certificate or (2) a certified court order giving you sole legal custody and the right to apply for a passport.

A passport is a legal document and, as such, you need legal paperwork to apply for one. Photos and home videos don't cut it. My sister has a lot of photos and video of her with my kids - doesn't give her legal custody of them.

Proserpina

What is going on people?
It’s not difficult for me to proof legal parentage, as all mother’s and their children, I too have a pictures, videos, people who know us.

None of this proves legal parentage.

I worked almost 11 years in abroad and we have a same visas in our passport.... how can you tell me that somebody from US embassy is right?

Because...they are right. :confused:

I do not wish to go and live in the USA, I feel my self happy where I am but as consul suggests "get your country’s passport for your child" this is disgusting. Child was born in the USA and I do not have any rights to change this.
Thanks, you’re so supportive

Um...this isn't OUR fault. Why are you getting mad with us? :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">