• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

USPS Claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

miked252

Florida

I sent a $21,000 Tiffany's diamond ring registered mail with insurance using the USPS. I was returning the ring I had bought to Tiffanys. When the box I sent out arrived at Tiffanys it was empty. Someone stole the ring! I paid for $23,000 worth of insurance. After receiving word that the ring was stolen from the box, I filed a claim and gave the Post Office everything they have asked for. Today I received a letter from the USPS stating that since there was no visible damage on the box sent out my claim has been denied. I have spoken to them and they will not provide me with any answers as to why the claim was denied. I already know there was no damage to the box its self! The box arrived at Tiffanys empty! So my question is, Who is the best lawyer to contact? Is there even lawyers out there that would take this case? Any recommendations?

Mass_Shyster

Florida

I sent a $21,000 Tiffany's diamond ring registered mail with insurance using the USPS. I was returning the ring I had bought to Tiffanys. When the box I sent out arrived at Tiffanys it was empty. Someone stole the ring! I paid for $23,000 worth of insurance. After receiving word that the ring was stolen from the box, I filed a claim and gave the Post Office everything they have asked for. Today I received a letter from the USPS stating that since there was no visible damage on the box sent out my claim has been denied. I have spoken to them and they will not provide me with any answers as to why the claim was denied. I already know there was no damage to the box its self! The box arrived at Tiffanys empty! So my question is, Who is the best lawyer to contact? Is there even lawyers out there that would take this case? Any recommendations?
Click on the link below to find another.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
(Playing Devil's Advocate): If there was no damage to the box, that means it wasn't opened and re-sealed. THAT means that the "ring" never made it in the box in the first place.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">