• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tx-Unemployment Benefits while working

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rub1987

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? tx

I want to know what will happen if you work while receiving unemployment benefits?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Possibly nothing. It depends on whether you report your earnings and whether you are earning enough to affect your benefits.

rub1987

Possibly nothing. It depends on whether you report your earnings and whether you are earning enough to affect your benefits.
Well I got a job offer but I am not making any money yet, i have to wait for an agreement to sell products has been issued from my corporate office. I received a letter from TWC stating they received information that I was working. Technically i am but not receiving any money/benefits...I only have like 4 more weeks of Unemployment benefits left and I dont want this to affect me if I have to file for an extension in the event I dont get the agreement I need to do my job.

swalsh411

If you haven't earned anything yet then there is nothing to report. Just be sure to report everything you earned and you will be fine.

rub1987

Are you working right NOW or not?
No I cannot sell insurance without an agreement therefore I cannot perform my job duties and I am not getting paid because I cant sell. I got the job though, like I said I dont know how TWC found out but they did and now I am playing phone tag with the "claims investigator" to see what's going on. I havent earned a penny.....

commentator

I think under the circumstances described here, that the OP is right. Her dabbling in insurance has not removed her from the workforce, she is not being paid any wages, pretty safe to go forth with the training, still ready to defend that she is making a job search as appropriate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">