• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

post office privacy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bigbeeque

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama
My mother owns the property where I get my mail. She recently asked the post office if I had gotten any packages and they told her when, where, and from where. Is that legal? Can they give out that information?

HomeGuru

My mother owns the property where I get my mail. She recently asked the post office if I had gotten any packages and they told her when, where, and from where. Is that legal? Can they give out that information?
**A: when you contacted the same post office, what did they tell you when you asked these same exact questions?

And why is mother even asking? There is a lot more to this story.

CdwJava

Talk to the postmaster. Even if a violation of policy, what do you want done? If you think a crime was committed, then the Postmaster can contact the Postal Police for you. I doubt that anyone will ever see the inside of a courtroom, but if this was an improper act by an employee a discussion with the postmaster should address it.

Maybe even talk to your mom.

If you want more privacy, move to a place where mom has no direct connection.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">