• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

police abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lasinaloa

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)california

:mad:what do i do if im being abuse by police in my home twon

nhdwiguy

What To Do if You Are Being Abused

If you live in a place such as a nursing home, care home or assisted living facility...

* Tell someone what is happening to you.
* Ask others for help if you need it. Staff members have a responsibility to see that abuse stops and that you get the help you need.
* If someone is hurting or threatening you, or if it is not safe for you where you are, call the police.

There are many groups that can help you. There are also laws to protect victims from being abused. We list some government agencies and private groups that can help you below. Then we explain the laws that protect victims and how you can use the laws to protect yourself.

quincy

I know you are here to advertise your services, nhdwiguy, but I've got to say it does not help your firm a whole heck of a lot to give advice like the advice you gave above. Read the question.

Telling someone to "call the police" when their question asks what to do if they are being abused by the police seems stupid at best.

seniorjudge

If you live in a place such as a nursing home, care home or assisted living facility...

* Tell someone what is happening to you.
* Ask others for help if you need it. Staff members have a responsibility to see that abuse stops and that you get the help you need.
* If someone is hurting or threatening you, or if it is not safe for you where you are, call the police.

There are many groups that can help you. There are also laws to protect victims from being abused. We list some government agencies and private groups that can help you below. Then we explain the laws that protect victims and how you can use the laws to protect yourself.
nitwitguy, can you not read?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">