• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

writting the governor of california

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cjjohnson2285

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
i am wanting to send a certified letter to the Governor of California. how can i make sure it gets to him. i know he receives thousands of letters. this is a personal issue and only he has the authority to grant what i am asking him. i would like to here some opinions on this matter. thank you CJ

FlyingRon

A certified letter just documents that you mailed it. If you wants someone to sign for it you must use a return receipt or registered mail. Even then, you're not likely to get the Governators signature on the receipt.

While the governor had the sole authority on things like pardons, you're not going to get one without going through his channels. He doesn't have time to sift through all the incoming mail to read everybody's sob story. If you want a pardon you have to address it to the appropriate person who screens these. The address is:

Governor's Office
State Capitol
Attention: Legal Affairs Secretary
Sacramento, CA 95814​

If you want something else, it would behoove you to find out which of his aides or whatever handles the kind of request you want.

Hot Topic

Do you even know the Governor's name? Your post suggests you don't.

Your problem is not more important than anyone else's.

N

NeverWrong

send it to his house

where ever he lives ..... you should be able to find out where he lives easy enough

Hot Topic

He lives in the Governor's Mansion. His mail will be strenuously screened so he's not disturbed by nutcases who think he's going to stop what he's doing to solve their problems.

Antigone*

He lives in the Governor's Mansion. His mail will be strenuously screened so he's not disturbed by nutcases who think he's going to stop what he's doing to solve their problems.
Actually the Governor's Mansion is a state park here in California and he does not live there. He has an apartment in Sacramento but his residence is in Southern California.

Arnie, will probably never get this letter, but if it contains any type of threats, the OP can certainly expect a visit from the terminator's security team.:cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">