• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Soultion to child support battles

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CJane

So, I make 35K/year. I have 3 kids. Since it should only cost about $32K each year to raise the kids and provide for their needs... I should receive no support.

And because my ex makes around $80K/year, if he has custody, he should receive no support because he can clearly provide for their needs w/out me.

Right?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Y'all know the next step in this argument, right? That since the child deserves more than just the basic subsistence level, the parent with the greater income should get custody (absent substantiated abuse).

Then, of course, we get into the scenario of the lower income parent (i.e. NCP) remarries a sugarMomma/Daddy... in which case, THAT parent gains custody. Which, in turn, propels the (now) NCP (or, former CP) to find his/her OWN sugarMomma/Daddy, thereby regaining custody. The poor kid ends up like a ping-pong ball.

Yeah, there's a plan. :rolleyes:

Alex1176

AHH the first proble CP moves to a higher living area. TO BAD if you can't afford the cost of living in a new area don't move. The NCP pays the average of the county the orginal custody agreement was made. NCP has more kids, takes a lower paying job, ect blah blah blah, TO BAD the cost of raising your child did not decrease, work more eat less.

End of story. No more court battles over support.
What do you want to do to those who can not pay the minimum support? Somebody laid off, became disabled (tfu tfu tfu) or other acceptable reason for not paying this minimum CS. So you will put him in jail?

4children

Yes I am the NCP I have two children and I am ordered to pay LESS than the 768.00 per month I am purposing I should have to pay. I pay more and provide more than court ordered for my children. Which is what concerned and caring parents do and will continue to do regardless of a law. I want to provide for not only their needs but as many of their wants and extras as I can. What I am purposing is for thoes who don't and won't. No more hiding income so the kids don't get any, no more I'm over qualified for the jobs avaiable. You have to provide for the needs of your children first, regardless of your circumstances. How many lame excuses do you see on here on a children were being meet. Wouldn't it be nice to know that at least thoes children's needs were being meet.

And yes children do need more types of support than just money. However, all the love in the world does not fill up an empty stomach.
You sound just like my ex. (And I know he hides income) He pay less than what your figures are also for two kids. Unexpecting things happen. And, if your idea was the law more kids may be starving than there is. This half and half doesn't always work. It would be good if it did, "BUT IT DOESN'T".

hambirg

Y'all know the next step in this argument, right? That since the child deserves more than just the basic subsistence level, the parent with the greater income should get custody (absent substantiated abuse).

Then, of course, we get into the scenario of the lower income parent (i.e. NCP) remarries a sugarMomma/Daddy... in which case, THAT parent gains custody. Which, in turn, propels the (now) NCP (or, former CP) to find his/her OWN
Perhaps it's just me.

I just find it a little odd that someone who was so gung-ho about the whole "DHS stole my children" issue would be so completely passive on an internet forum after receiving these responses.
, thereby regaining custody. The poor kid ends up like a ping-pong ball.

Yeah, there's a plan. :rolleyes:
I'm starting to just get annoyed now! There are sugarMomma/Daddies out there?! How do I get in on that? And at the very least, how do I get the drinks or amphetamines? :mad:

j/k. . duh!

futuredust

I'm starting to just get annoyed now! There are sugarMomma/Daddies out there?! How do I get in on that? And at the very least, how do I get the drinks or amphetamines? :mad:
j/k. . duh!

Right place. Right time.

This was my first glass of FA wine in probably a year. Though I have been invited for tea and cookies in the past. But I suspect the tea and/or cookies contain a magic ingredient; since they have only been offered in heated debate.

However, I could just be overtly suspicious or paranoid.

AHA

Yes I am the NCP I have two children and I am ordered to pay LESS than the 768.00 per month I am purposing I should have to pay. I pay more and provide more than court ordered for my children. Which is what concerned and caring parents do and will continue to do regardless of a law. I want to provide for not only their needs but as many of their wants and extras as I can. What I am purposing is for thoes who don't and won't. No more hiding income so the kids don't get any, no more I'm over qualified for the jobs avaiable. You have to provide for the needs of your children first, regardless of your circumstances. How many lame excuses do you see on here on a children were being meet. Wouldn't it be nice to know that at least thoes children's needs were being meet.

And yes children do need more types of support than just money. However, all the love in the world does not fill up an empty stomach.
That would be great, it would also be great if there never was another war in the world, or no more rapes, beatings, robberies, stabbings, car jackings, kidnappings, fraud, theft etc etc etc etc etc etc etc, but it will never happen. This world is not resting on a pink fluffy cloud of 100% love for all and everything, it's a rough world with masses of selfish idiots, so there will always be criminals around making innocent children and adults victims. That's the reality. All you can do is make sure YOU are a good person and do right by YOUR children.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">