• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ryan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

agent917

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I currently am in the State of TX

I was wondering if, since I was quit my former job (obviously former) and then went to work for my brother in-law and he laid me off, if I could possibly receive unemployment benefits till I sought work elsewhere? I worked at my former job, basically since 2007 and then for my brother in law for only a week. I do plan to possibly move to Las Vegas, in Nevada. So I do hope there is a possibility to get unemployment whilst I look for further employment.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Commentator will be able to give you a better estimate of your chances (I am SO glad she's back!) but it can do no harm to apply. There is no penalty for being wrong, it does not cost anything, and the worst they can say is no (in which case you are no worse off than if you didn't apply in the first place).

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I currently am in the State of TX

I was wondering if, since I was quit my former job (obviously former) and then went to work for my brother in-law and he laid me off, if I could possibly receive unemployment benefits till I sought work elsewhere? I worked at my former job, basically since 2007 and then for my brother in law for only a week. I do plan to possibly move to Las Vegas, in Nevada. So I do hope there is a possibility to get unemployment whilst I look for further employment.
Just by looking at your posting history, it seems to me like you are attempting to circumvent the system. You seem very shady:cool:

agent917

ryan

I don't believe I'm shady?

There are a few who use this log in name, but that doesn't that mean I'm shady? I have family in NV (where I expect to move) and I was just asking a valid question? It may seem somewhat of the same principle (unemployment benefits) but I assure you I'm not trying to be opportunistic in anyway toward this endeavor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">