• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court ordered counseling questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ra04152010

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tn
The judge granted my request for family counseling. If any one has been to one before I would like to know what type of procedure to expect, what questions will be asked, and what information I should take with me.
Thank you.

acmb05

The judge granted my request for family counseling. If any one has been to one before I would like to know what type of procedure to expect, what questions will be asked, and what information I should take with me.
Thank you.
What is the counseling for?

gr8rn

go to catholiccharitiesusa.org. They have branches in Knoxville, Nashville and Memphis. They provide family counseling on a sliding scale fee, and in my area give preference to court ordered counseling.

They are not just for Catholics. I have used them before when the court ordered communication counseling for myself and my ex and they did an excellent job. They do offer family counseling as well.

ecmst12

There are plenty of other counseling places out there that will charge on the sliding scale and are not affiliated with any religion, if that's what you'd prefer.

mistoffolees

Thank you.
Depending on what the counseling is for, they'll simply ask questions about you and your wishes and your interactions and so on. It's not something you need to study up for, so what's the point of worrying about it?

ra04152010

UPDATE: more questions please.

Went to court over 2nd ER custody hearing.
Judge found no grounds for ex's reasons and we did not even go before the judge. My lawyer did get to make my request to judge for family counseling. Judge agreed. Mom and kids went to counsler last thursday. I have not gotten an app yet but have spoke to counsler on phone. Last weekend was my weekend, counsler called on thursday after meeting with mom and kids. Counsler said kids did not want to spend night. I said what ever she thought was best. Mom did not comply with agreement made through counsler for visitation on the weekend. I found out the reason the kids did not want to spend the night is mom scheduled functions for my weekend, information counsler did not have. What I need advice on is how to approach this with counsler. Of course I want her to understand all the b/s mom is doing but I don't want to sound like a tatle tale either. My purpose in counseling was to improve my relationship with kids and stop/repair damage done my mom. What should I take with me? and to what extent should I tell counsler about visitation interruptions, neggative comments, and moms refusal to make me aware of medical and school issues and appointments. Thanking you!!

mistoffolees

Went to court over 2nd ER custody hearing.
Judge found no grounds for ex's reasons and we did not even go before the judge. My lawyer did get to make my request to judge for family counseling. Judge agreed. Mom and kids went to counsler last thursday. I have not gotten an app yet but have spoke to counsler on phone. Last weekend was my weekend, counsler called on thursday after meeting with mom and kids. Counsler said kids did not want to spend night. I said what ever she thought was best. Mom did not comply with agreement made through counsler for visitation on the weekend. I found out the reason the kids did not want to spend the night is mom scheduled functions for my weekend, information counsler did not have. What I need advice on is how to approach this with counsler. Of course I want her to understand all the b/s mom is doing but I don't want to sound like a tatle tale either. My purpose in counseling was to improve my relationship with kids and stop/repair damage done my mom. What should I take with me? and to what extent should I tell counsler about visitation interruptions, neggative comments, and moms refusal to make me aware of medical and school issues and appointments. Thanking you!!
You should tell her that - in a very calm, factual manner.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">