• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Interrupted time-sharing required to be made up?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP, what do you want to have happen here? Dad can politely remind Mom to please not schedule activities on his time without his consent. Beyond that, it is completely up to him whether or not he wants to take the kids to the choir event. Like the others mentioned, if he does, no parenting time lost. If he doesn't, no parenting time lost.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
If he goes, he's spent his time with them and there's nothing to make up.

Is Dad just trying to find something to ding Mom with? Or, I guess, the more pertinent question is--are you?

Antigone*

My question wasn't the least bit in regards to your unsolicited opinion of me or my family. Taking the time to type judgmental drivel is a waste of everyone's time.
And your inability to get that is legal matter does not concern you does exactly the same.:rolleyes:

That is precisely my point: this is on his time. He did not schedule the event and was not even informed they were participating until he was told to take them that day. What is best for the kids is of course to take them so they can participate. That is not my question. The children get very limited time with their father. If they have 2 nights with him on a weekend, and spend this entire afternoon/evening traveling to and from this event, their one-on-one time with his is cut short.
One hour each way to and from the concerts adds up to two hours of one-on-one time with kids for Dad.

ra04152010

Sounds like this is a special christmas thing linked to an activity the kids are doing. I doubt mom intentionaly had them schedule for dad's time. He should be happy to take them. He can use that hour drive to sing jingle bells and smile proudly at what his kids are doing. Sounds like some good quality time to me not missed time. As far as the expenses he has plently of time to put a few bucks away for that, maybe you could even help him out with a little of the expense a nice christmas gift to dad and the kids.

CSO286

Apparently a huge point here has been missed: taking the kids to the event has always been the plan, since that is what they will want. That is not my question.
Then as stated before by me and other wise people...it is dad's time, and if he has the children then there is no make up time necessary.

FLstepmom

My question was directly and exclusively related to the wording of the agreement, not to opinions of my role, my place, my business, or any other irrelevant judgments. This is clearly not a resource which includes individuals qualified to answer questions in a professional manner.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Apparently a huge point here has been missed: taking the kids to the event has always been the plan, since that is what they will want. That is not my question.
Your question is: can he get extra "make-up" time with the kids because the time he is getting is spent doing something that Mom is "forcing" him to do.

No. If he's spending time with the kids, he's spending time with the kids. Period. If he takes them to this choir event, he's (rightfully) choosing to do so.

Antigone*

My question was directly and exclusively related to the wording of the agreement, not to opinions of my role, my place, my business, or any other irrelevant judgments. This is clearly not a resource which includes individuals qualified to answer questions in a professional manner.
You just don't get it. Since you don't like what you hear on this site, you can certainly try oversteppingsteps.com. They'll tell you exactly what you want to hear even when it is completely wrong.

Isis1

We understand the law. We know how to read and comprehend. You, apparently do not even WITH the court order in front of you. Now that's sad!!

CSO286

Hey-- you've had all your questions answered in a factually correct manner. The rest--that healthy dose of reality??--our gift to you.

Isis1

Hey-- you've had all your questions answered in a factually correct manner. The rest--that healthy dose of reality??--our gift to you.
I don't know about the rest of you, but this one gives me the distinct impression she is angerly typing away on her computer keys about right now.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">