• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mom won't return child...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

majomom1

It's been my experience that they won't get involved in what is essentially a civil matter, but if dad is in fear that there is going to be some trouble because of this dude being there, he can always request a civil standby while he goes to the door to retrieve his child. Will they make mom turn over the kid? No. Probably not, but they will keep the peace while he attempts to retrieve his child.

And it is...
I thought part of the deal with the CO was to be able to get police assistance. Here they will at least go and "encourage" the parent to follow the court order.

And does it matter if Mom doesn't have custody? If it has been a while, then she may not have physical custody... so would the police not "encourage" her to turn the child over?

gasgirl

I can't believe this!

Police called while at the house. Apparently there was a physical altercation (mom claimed the daughter tried to "choke her out"). Absolutely not possible (you'd have to know this kid). Police seems to think child not in danger, although said she sobbed uncontrollably and couldn't talk much.

Police said mom produced some printed "Court Order" that shows she gets the kid 50/50. This is an order that is almost 3 yrs old (before she moved a sex-offender into her house and moved to CA).

Child's Uncle offered to get the child and hold her until we could get there or put her on a plane for us (which Police said was good idea), but mother dislikes uncle and refused.

Cop said if we show up, even if we produce some sort of paper, they WILL NOT force mom to give child to us.

Apparently child got to a computer and just posted "HELP ME" on Facebook.

Dad is home now and going crazy. What is the purpose of driving 4+ hours if he cannot get police to force mom to release child?

majomom1

Police called while at the house. Apparently there was a physical altercation (mom claimed the daughter tried to "choke her out"). Absolutely not possible (you'd have to know this kid). Police seems to think child not in danger, although said she sobbed uncontrollably and couldn't talk much.

Police said mom produced some printed "Court Order" that shows she gets the kid 50/50. This is an order that is almost 3 yrs old (before she moved a sex-offender into her house and moved to CA).

Child's Uncle offered to get the child and hold her until we could get there or put her on a plane for us (which Police said was good idea), but mother dislikes uncle and refused.

Cop said if we show up, even if we produce some sort of paper, they WILL NOT force mom to give child to us.

Apparently child got to a computer and just posted "HELP ME" on Facebook.

Dad is home now and going crazy. What is the purpose of driving 4+ hours if he cannot get police to force mom to release child?
The point is face to face will get you far more than over the phone. Dad needs the current order... and to be there now.

CourtClerk

No, its not. Its a way of saying that you and I both know danged well that a CA attorney could get him help from the CA courts on an emergency basis. That is the whole purpose of the UCCJEA.
You think that a government entity is just going to roll over when presented with litigation. Maybe you should take off those rose colored glasses you're wearing on a regular basis.
However, clearly, you prefer to use your animosity towards me to make "digs" at me rather than to help a custodial parent in a fairly serious circumstance.

That's just sad...maybe even sick.
Please get over yourself. No one even thinks about you enough to worry about your self serving attitude. You really don't cross people's minds as often as you'd like to think you do.

LdiJ

You think that a government entity is just going to roll over when presented with litigation. Maybe you should take off those rose colored glasses you're wearing on a regular basis.

Please get over yourself. No one even thinks about you enough to worry about your self serving attitude. You really don't cross people's minds as often as you'd like to think you do.
Once more, you are not offering this father any advice as to how to retrieve his child.

CourtClerk

Once more, you are not offering this father any advice as to how to retrieve his child.
And once more, I'm trying to understand the advice YOU gave this father and I'm trying to get you to explain it...

yet you refuse and go on with this "oh, i'm such the victim again" stance.

Would you (once again) care to explain how dad should get the court to ORDER the police to help him get his child?

If you'd prefer not to, just say so. We can move on.

LdiJ

And once more, I'm trying to understand the advice YOU gave this father and I'm trying to get you to explain it...

yet you refuse and go on with this "oh, i'm such the victim again" stance.

Would you (once again) care to explain how dad should get the court to ORDER the police to help him get his child?

If you'd prefer not to, just say so. We can move on.
Sad, just sad.

frylover

You know, I don't understand why the "powerful people" here just don't get LDiJ banned, since, according to all of you, she never gets anything right. Or,better yet, if she's as ignorant and useless as you all say, why admin hasn't done it themselves.

And I REALLY would like to see someone help this child.

And now I guess I will get banned.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You know, I don't understand why the "powerful people" here just don't get LDiJ banned, since, according to all of you, she never gets anything right. Or,better yet, if she's as ignorant and useless as you all say, why admin hasn't done it themselves.

LD was banned from the family law forums for a bit. Then she decided I was to blame for her being banned and whined to a bunch of people who then harrassed me for getting her banned (which I hadn't done). If I had gotten her banned I would have taken credit. I hadn't.

As for this child, the police cannot be ordered to retrieve the child. They can be ordered to arrest mom if a criminal court judge intervenes but a civil judge will have very little success. Dad needs to drive up there with the court order and take the police to the house. If the child leaves the home the police also cannot force her back to mom if dad is there.

Just Blue

Think of "danny" . ;)

LdiJ

LD was banned from the family law forums for a bit. Then she decided I was to blame for her being banned and whined to a bunch of people who then harrassed me for getting her banned (which I hadn't done). If I had gotten her banned I would have taken credit. I hadn't.

As for this child, the police cannot be ordered to retrieve the child. They can be ordered to arrest mom if a criminal court judge intervenes but a civil judge will have very little success. Dad needs to drive up there with the court order and take the police to the house. If the child leaves the home the police also cannot force her back to mom if dad is there.
I am going to tell dad to hire an attorey, You and Court Clerk are both behaving badly here. What's more, I know that you are all about the best's interest's of the child, so you backing up the CC's position is just you playing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">