• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mom won't return child...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perky

Withholding judgment, but I sure wouldn't have posted anything that I was afraid could be used against me. It doesn't happen often, but there have been instances of people finding their ex's threads on here. Normally it's not much of a risk, but you've posted lots of details in other threads.

You can edit your posts, but I don't know if others will edit their quotes of your posts.

Proserpina

Withholding judgment, but I sure wouldn't have posted anything that I was afraid could be used against me. It doesn't happen often, but there have been instances of people finding their ex's threads on here. Normally it's not much of a risk, but you've posted lots of details in other threads.

You can edit your posts, but I don't know if others will edit their quotes of your posts.

Excellent point.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member

Believe me - it CAN happen, and it can be quite unpleasant. BTDT.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I am going to tell dad to hire an attorey, You and Court Clerk are both behaving badly here. What's more, I know that you are all about the best's interest's of the child, so you backing up the CC's position is just you playing games.
Wrong. What I am doing is telling dad what to do. Where did I back up CC's position other than to say it is difficult to get a family court judge to order the police to do anything -- they are TWO DIFFERENT parts of the government -- two different branches. I have had family court judges REFUSE to order the police to do so. Criminal judges will do so but you need a crime to have been committed and this apparently doesn't qualify. What I said was the truth. the fact that you don't like it doesn't bother me.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Yeah.... In alphabetic order ONLY (!) - CC, Ldi & OG... Seriously? If you need to prove your "manhood" ('cause that's what it's looking like despite you all being ladies)? The pissing tree is out the door and to the left. Go figure out who has the bigger stream and then let it go. You're all just making yourselves look foolish. Let it go.
All I did was answer Frylover's question and then I answered the OP's question. Oh well.

majomom1

I'm sure mom will try anyway, but are there any charges mom can bring against dad or me for our part in encouraging child to run away?

Currently, I don't think she knows we got the friend to pass the instructions, but after she stews over the events of the last 24 hrs, mom will certainly figure it out, or suspect this was our handywork.
The first order of business was to get the child out and then defuse the rest latter. You did what you had to do when the police would not help.

In most custody issues, charges will not prevail when there is "good cause" for the actions taken.

I think you did fine and I have never seen this board fault any step parent that loves the kids and puts their best interest ahead of their own.

gasgirl

Birdie Back in the Nest

Daughter is home.

Parting words from Mom: "I don't ever want to see that f*&$ing kid again."

I don't care if mom finds out we encouraged daughter to run away- I have already been tortured by this woman and her felon boyfriend enough over the last 5 years.

Our attorney says, apart from hauling the daughter into court to testify we told her to run (which we never directly did), she can't prove anything...

As for not arresting the sex offender for failing to register a new address (apparently he had 5 days), the officer said he was "a low-level offender" and wasn't committing any crime or violating his probation, so he would give him 5 days to do it.

This is also the legal system that initially denied our petition for No-Contact Order on behalf of the son (then 15 yrs), and 3 months later this man broke son's nose (requiring surgery). Thankfully man got 60 days in jail, and we finally got Order...

acmb05

Daughter is home.

I don't care if mom finds out we encouraged daughter to run away- I have already been tortured by this woman and her felon boyfriend enough over the last 5 years.

Our attorney says, apart from hauling the daughter into court to testify we told her to run (which we never directly did), she can't prove anything...

As for not arresting the sex offender for failing to register a new address (apparently he had 5 days), the officer said he was "a low-level offender" and wasn't committing any crime or violating his probation, so he would give him 5 days to do it.

This is also the legal system that initially denied our petition for No-Contact Order on behalf of the son (then 15 yrs), and 3 months later this man broke son's nose (requiring surgery). Thankfully man got 60 days in jail, and we finally got Order...
I'm surprised you didn't get a no contact order for all of the children at that time.

LdiJ

Daughter is home.

I am glad you got the child home and I honestly think you did the right thing. Had I known the child was 16 I might have suggested something like that myself.

I hope that if mom gets any future visitation (if its not suspended) that its supervised visitation in your community. The child should not have to go through that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">