• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unemployment cuttoffs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

round 1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ca

Now its basically impossible to get ahold of a live person from unemployment.. Now if you have read my other post about unemployment you would see that I filed for disability but have not yet been approved.. Now today I was supposed to have received a check for unemployment but never did and never received a notice stating I would be cut off.. Now could I have been cut off because of the senates decision because I haven't been on unemployment for 3+yrs

commentator

[never received a notice stating I would be cut off.. Now could I have been cut off because of the senates decision because I haven't been on unemployment for 3+yrs[/QUOTE]

I've re-read all your former posts, and I still can't make heads or tails about your situation in regard to disability and unemployment insurance. But in general, no the unemployment system does not stop anyone's benefits without giving them some sort of information about why their claim has been stopped. This is so a person can do an appeal if they feel they have been unfairly denied benefits.

The senate's decision won't mean jack to you until it is complete, until it is disseminated to the individual states and the states have had time to send out their notices, figure out who is no longer going to be eligible for the NEXT round of extensions, not the ones who are currently on an extension series.

Okay, if you have been receiving unemployment for ....how long? What on earth are you talking about this " 3+years" garbage? The most anyone could possibly have received in all the extensions is 99 weeks, I assume you are saying that you shouldn't be getting cut off because you haven't gotten 3 years yet?

How long have you been on unemployment? Is this a regular claim, or is it an extension you went on after your regular claim (no more than 26 weeks of benefits in one year) was exhausted?

Did they address your injury situation? Did you file each week or every two weeks saying you were able and available and actively seeking work?

Do not give us that "oh it's virtually impossible to get a live person in unemployment" excuse and then ask us a question that is so totally individually specific that no one except someone in the CA unemployment system can answer you. Because someone in CA is getting in to talk to unemployment or the lines wouldn't be so busy. You unemployment situation will be unique, there is no way we can say what is going on, but they would be able to tell you easily.

You must try repeatedly, different hours and times, usually very early in the morning, between 7:00am and 9:00am is the best time to check and be put in queue to speak with someone. Look on the state unemployment web site and find numbers for other areas, such as unemployment technical support. Email someone and request that you be called back.

Usually there is a general website or number where you can check the status of your claim without talking to a live person and see if it says something regarding the status, whether a check has been written, held, how many weeks you might have left to draw, whatever.

But no, they do not just stop sending you checks without giving you a reason. If you are approved for disability, it is your responsibility to inform the state claims system before they pay you checks you are not entitled to. Each time you certify for a check, you state certain things, like that you are able, available and seeking work. If you're not, you need to talk to them.

round 1

[never received a notice stating I would be cut off.. Now could I have been cut off because of the senates decision because I haven't been on unemployment for 3+yrs
I've re-read all your former posts, and I still can't make heads or tails about your situation in regard to disability and unemployment insurance. But in general, no the unemployment system does not stop anyone's benefits without giving them some sort of information about why their claim has been stopped. This is so a person can do an appeal if they feel they have been unfairly denied benefits.

The senate's decision won't mean jack to you until it is complete, until it is disseminated to the individual states and the states have had time to send out their notices, figure out who is no longer going to be eligible for the NEXT round of extensions, not the ones who are currently on an extension series.

Okay, if you have been receiving unemployment for ....how long? What on earth are you talking about this " 3+years" garbage? The most anyone could possibly have received in all the extensions is 99 weeks, I assume you are saying that you shouldn't be getting cut off because you haven't gotten 3 years yet?

How long have you been on unemployment? Is this a regular claim, or is it an extension you went on after your regular claim (no more than 26 weeks of benefits in one year) was exhausted?

Did they address your injury situation? Did you file each week or every two weeks saying you were able and available and actively seeking work?

Do not give us that "oh it's virtually impossible to get a live person in unemployment" excuse and then ask us a question that is so totally individually specific that no one except someone in the CA unemployment system can answer you. Because someone in CA is getting in to talk to unemployment or the lines wouldn't be so busy. You unemployment situation will be unique, there is no way we can say what is going on, but they would be able to tell you easily.

You must try repeatedly, different hours and times, usually very early in the morning, between 7:00am and 9:00am is the best time to check and be put in queue to speak with someone. Look on the state unemployment web site and find numbers for other areas, such as unemployment technical support. Email someone and request that you be called back.

Usually there is a general website or number where you can check the status of your claim without talking to a live person and see if it says something regarding the status, whether a check has been written, held, how many weeks you might have left to draw, whatever.

But no, they do not just stop sending you checks without giving you a reason. If you are approved for disability, it is your responsibility to inform the state claims system before they pay you checks you are not entitled to. Each time you certify for a check, you state certain things, like that you are able, available and seeking work. If you're not, you need to talk to them.[/QUOTE]

Well I did call the automated system and when I put in my information it says to me they have no record of of my ifo in their system

round 1

[never received a notice stating I would be cut off.. Now could I have been cut off because of the senates decision because I haven't been on unemployment for 3+yrs

But no, they do not just stop sending you checks without giving you a reason. If you are approved for disability, it is your responsibility to inform the state claims system before they pay you checks you are not entitled to. Each time you certify for a check, you state certain things, like that you are able, available and seeking work. If you're not, you need to talk to them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know about the automated system n when I entered my info they had no record of me in their system

Hot Topic

If there's no record of you in the system, it's probably because you didn't register, you left out required information or you entered incorrect information.

If you don't understand why it's hard to reach someone at EDD, you don't read the newspapers or watch television or talk to people with ordinary interests. There's simply no excuse for anyone in California to be so ignorant.

round 1

If there's no record of you in the system, it's probably because you didn't register, you left out required information or you entered incorrect information.

If you don't understand why it's hard to reach someone at EDD, you don't read the newspapers or watch television or talk to people with ordinary interests. There's simply no excuse for anyone in California to be so ignorant.
Ignorant??? Wtf are you talking about do u even read the entire post or do you just scan thru it looking for key words? I know they are busy I'm not an idiot. And if you read all of my posts correctly you would see that I was already receiving checks on a bi weekly basis for only a month.. So if you are gonna come on here and give advice if that's what u thought u were trying to accomplish.. Read the entire thread and take your head out of your ass before you hurt yourself or your loved ones

commentator

So if you have time for all this, hope you have time to get in line and talk to someone on the telephone about your benefits. They're the only ones who have the power and knowledge to assist you.

Oh dear, I have been cut off of benefits w/o notice (yes, w/o notice). I kept on filing my weekly stuff until I cleared it up. It had something to do with an extension being issued. 3 yrs on unemployment? Wow! Thats a long long time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">