• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inclement Weather and Visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

strathywins

So it's ok to give my 8 month old toast? White toast? We eat wheat toast...is that ok? She loves crackers!! Well she just sucks on them and spits them out really.

I let her spend the night with dad EVEN though the roads really weren't that bad... It's more of a learning experience. I think that the unbiased suggestions on here have really opened up my mind.

Thanks.

gam

Yes you can give your child toast. Just tear into small pieces. My grandson will be 1 this weekend, he has been eating toast since he was 7 months old. He had no teeth at the time, and he only has 2 now. Babies can gum a lot of foods up. You can give wheat products between 8 and 9 months, some Dr's will recommend holding off if there are known family allergies to wheat.

If you have not given your child pieces of table food yet, I would start with something softer then toast. Just try bread, or soft fresh fruits like banana's and pears, or pieces of cooked veggies, pieces of pancakes or waffles. Once he gets the hang of regular food, then go with toast. With some babies it may take a few tries for them to get use to it.

There are lots of good sites online that will give you an idea of what they can have and at what age. Two that my daughters and I have used often is babycenter.com and wholesomebabyfood.com. Wholesome has a page that lists when to give what, that you can print. We have it hanging on the fridge.

Just Blue

OMG! Sweet potatoes are fine for a child who has WHAT to eat?:eek::eek::eek:

(Sorry, memories of my third grade English grammar teacher made me ask)
:p:p

Sorry for the poor wording.

Sweet potato is FINE for a child SUFFERING from "loose poop" to eat.;)

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
So it's ok to give my 8 month old toast? White toast? We eat wheat toast...is that ok? She loves crackers!! Well she just sucks on them and spits them out really.
Uuuhhh...pick up "What To Expect the First Year". Or Dr. Spock (has excellent advice for common illnesses, too). You're not far off from your daughter being able to eat pretty much anything you do, just cut up in littler bits. The more variety she has, the less of a picky eater she's likely to be.

CJane

Uuuhhh...pick up "What To Expect the First Year". Or Dr. Spock (has excellent advice for common illnesses, too). You're not far off from your daughter being able to eat pretty much anything you do, just cut up in littler bits. The more variety she has, the less of a picky eater she's likely to be.
Plus baby food is crazy-expensive... and have you TASTED it? Blech.

I kept baby food on hand for ease when we were traveling or visiting, but other than that, my kids exclusively ate table food, complete with whatever seasoning happened to be on it. I never worried about if they were the "right age" for something, or if it was spicy or garlicky, or whatever. They've all survived.

mistoffolees

Plus baby food is crazy-expensive... and have you TASTED it? Blech.

I kept baby food on hand for ease when we were traveling or visiting, but other than that, my kids exclusively ate table food, complete with whatever seasoning happened to be on it. I never worried about if they were the "right age" for something, or if it was spicy or garlicky, or whatever. They've all survived.
I used a miniature food processor and pureed much of what we were eating - and then froze it in small ice cube trays so she could have a variety- not just what we were eating.

Unfortunately, it didn't work - she turned into a horribly picky eater (just starting to outgrow that, though).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">