• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Travel Costs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mistoffolees

why on earth you think my asking questions about my husband's legal situation is unacceptable is beyond me. these issues affect my life. i have every right to be better informed on the issues affecting my life.

it would be unacceptable for me to use names, dates, locations, or to identify these people in any way. it would be unacceptable for me to post on this legal board with the intent of hurting any of the people involved in this case.

it is not unacceptable to ask for the help i asked for.

believe it or not, not every stepparent is the "bad" guy. not every stepparent is so self-centered as to think the needs of the child are not of the utmost importance. some of us are just people trying to live our lives the best we can.

i'm sorry that by revealing what i am, and not who i am, i am suddenly being told to get lost.
Read the sticky. There are very good reasons why the volunteers here prefer not to waste their time on third party questions.

anapr

well, in that case i appreciate the advice i got before you knew what i was.

still, i would like to say this: legally, yes, i am a stranger to this case. but that's not reality anywhere but inside a courtroom. this is not a courtroom--it's a public message board for people asking for legal advice.

the ramifications of family court go well beyond the realm of a child and their parents. custody and support arrangments rarely only affect the parents and the child.

there are "legal" strangers in families everywhere dealing with the aftermath of these verdicts, and yes--some are in need of advice.

i hope there are others in this community who deem answering the concerns of a "legal stranger" worthy of your time and expertise.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

still, i would like to say this: legally, yes, i am a stranger to this case. but that's not reality anywhere but inside a courtroom. this is not a courtroom--it's a public message board for people asking for legal advice.

the ramifications of family court go well beyond the realm of a child and their parents. custody and support arrangments rarely only affect the parents and the child.

there are "legal" strangers in families everywhere dealing with the aftermath of these verdicts, and yes--some are in need of advice.

i hope there are others in this community who deem answering the concerns of a "legal stranger" worthy of your time and expertise.
The negative consequences of an over-stepping legal stranger can be devastating for the parent they think they are helping...

Silverplum

still, i would like to say this: legally, yes, i am a stranger to this case. but that's not reality anywhere but inside a courtroom.
It's reality at your home, at the other home, at the child-exchanges, when it comes to the police, when it comes to the court...and here.

*addition*
It's also a reality at your stepchild/rens' schools, churches, doctor, dentist, orthodontist, the hospital, the morgue (God forbid, of course), and a dozen other places I won't go on to list.

Get used to it.

anapr said:
this is not a courtroom--it's a public message board for people asking for legal advice.
One of the good things we do here is PREP people for COURT.

anapr said:

That's for a non-legal board. Stepparents, boyfriends, girlfriends, in-laws, etc. usually do not require legal advice.

anapr said:
Depends upon the situation. Depends upon the poster.

For one instance, that you are putting "legal stranger" in quotes tells me you don't buy it. Therefore, I have little time to waste.

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member

Well, guess what, sweetpea? WE are allowed to choose who we respond to. And some of us prefer to deal with the actual parents in the situation, instead of their new spouses, lovers, parents, siblings, children, neighbors, coworkers, employers, mailmen, UPS guys, and a host of other legal strangers. 'Cause no matter what the above *think* they know? They really don't know it all.

I swear - if someone I was close to thought it was a brilliant idea to ask questions on the Internet about MY legal issue? I'd no longer be close to them. None of their business. Or yours.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">