• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paternity fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

book one

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? south carolina
AFTER 15 YEARS OF PAYING CHILD SUPPORT I FIND OUT THE CHILD IS NOT MINE.I NEVER LIVED WITH THE MOTHER AND NEVER HAD A RELATIONSHIP WITH THE CHILD.SHE KEPT ME AWAY FROM THE CHILD AND AFTER THE DNA TEST PROVES I AM NOT THE FATHER SHE IS STILL TELLING CHILD I AM HER FATHER.I KNOW I WONT GET A DIME BACK BUT I WANT TO FILE A LAW SUIT TO TEACH HER A LESSON ABOUT LYING AND MESSING WITH PEOPLES LIVES AND MAYBE MACK HER STATE WHO THE REAL FATHER IS ANYBODY IN SC DONE THIS YET

Proserpina

AFTER 15 YEARS OF PAYING CHILD SUPPORT I FIND OUT THE CHILD IS NOT MINE.I NEVER LIVED WITH THE MOTHER AND NEVER HAD A RELATIONSHIP WITH THE CHILD.SHE KEPT ME AWAY FROM THE CHILD AND AFTER THE DNA TEST PROVES I AM NOT THE FATHER SHE IS STILL TELLING CHILD I AM HER FATHER.I KNOW I WONT GET A DIME BACK BUT I WANT TO FILE A LAW SUIT TO TEACH HER A LESSON ABOUT LYING AND MESSING WITH PEOPLES LIVES AND MAYBE MACK HER STATE WHO THE REAL FATHER IS ANYBODY IN SC DONE THIS YET

Not happening.

You were apparently found to be the legal father - you had PLENTY of time to make sure that you were and challenge paternity.

If you didn't pursue visitation with your child, that's your fault.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
And why didn't you demand a DNA test when this issue first arose 15 years ago? Then you wouldn't have done that. You apparently accepted that you WERE the child's father. Legally, YOU ARE the child's father. Why didn't you sue for visitation?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Legally, you ARE this child's father. Not having a relationship with the child sits squarely in your hands - you could have done something about that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">