• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

miss use of power

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tommytoy6969

What is the name of your state (California)? I was pulled over and cited for driving on suspended lic. vehicle was impounded for 30 day manditory impound under (14602.6) of the cailf. vehicle code / Under release of vehicle in less then 30 days vehicle code (14602.6(d)(1)V.C.) it states vehicle can be released in less then 30 days whe the driver reinstates his or her driver lic. OR (Key Word Here) AQUIRES A DRIVERS LIC. AND PROPER INSURANCE. Before my CA. lic. was suspended i had moved to Texas i surendered my CA. license and recieved a Texas drivers lic. returning to CA. to visit now and again. Thats when i was pulled over on one off my visits i gave the police (CITY) my TX. driver lic. ,he ran my lic. and asked me if i new my CA. lic. was suspended i told him that i had moved to Texas and surendered my CA. lic. and that i no nothing about it ,he told me that my Texas lic is valid but not in CA. he impounded my vehicle for thirty days . I went to the police station the next day and asked them to release it under the (14602.6(D)(1)V.C.) because I have a drives lic. valid that it dose not state it has to be a CA. lic. They would not release it to me they said i had to wate the 30 days , Do I have grounds for a lawsuit and my vehicle is still in impound what can i do ? file a exparta writ of repossession or what please advise.

racer72

Your California driving privileges are still suspended. When Texas finds out your California license is suspended, your Texas license will be suspended too. Google "States Drivers License Compact". Read and weep.

CdwJava

What is the name of your state (California)? I was pulled over and cited for driving on suspended lic. vehicle was impounded for 30 day manditory impound under (14602.6) of the cailf. vehicle code / Under release of vehicle in less then 30 days vehicle code (14602.6(d)(1)V.C.) it states vehicle can be released in less then 30 days whe the driver reinstates his or her driver lic. OR (Key Word Here) AQUIRES A DRIVERS LIC. AND PROPER INSURANCE. Before my CA. lic. was suspended i had moved to Texas i surendered my CA. license and recieved a Texas drivers lic. returning to CA. to visit now and again. Thats when i was pulled over on one off my visits i gave the police (CITY) my TX. driver lic. ,he ran my lic. and asked me if i new my CA. lic. was suspended i told him that i had moved to Texas and surendered my CA. lic. and that i no nothing about it ,he told me that my Texas lic is valid but not in CA. he impounded my vehicle for thirty days . I went to the police station the next day and asked them to release it under the (14602.6(D)(1)V.C.) because I have a drives lic. valid that it dose not state it has to be a CA. lic. They would not release it to me they said i had to wate the 30 days , Do I have grounds for a lawsuit and my vehicle is still in impound what can i do ? file a exparta writ of repossession or what please advise.
Your privilege to drive in CA had been suspended. They SHALL release the vehicle in less than 30 days if that privilege has been restored. Clearly it had not been.

Sorry, but unless you can clear your CA driving status, the impound will remain unless the agency chooses to drop the hold.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">