• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Never cease to amuse me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

:DWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT

I like to come to the forum to read the stories. Of course there are some really sad outcomes but mostly I find myself beng amused :) I thought I would share my story, maybe I can sue. (Just kidding of course.)

Once I had to bring my son to the ER because he cut his thumb. The intern that was assigned to "stitch" his thumb decided he could "glue" the cut thumb instead of using stitches. So with his preceptor in attendance he proceeded to add the surgi-glue to the cut and quickly folded his thumb so that there was skin on skin contact with the glue. The precepting educating MD promptly looked at me and ripped his thumb apart so that it would not be permantly stuck (because surgi-glue is really sticky). The small cut that I brought him in for was no longer a problem because my son had no skin left! He ended up with a larger superficial tear across the inner thumb fold, no longer an option to stitch. The Educating MD apologized and was mortified at the outcome. The intern learned a great lesson that day and will NEVER use glue and FOLD the finger down again! I took my son home with daily dressing changes and a great story to tell him for the rest of his life.

Incidently I did get a bill for that ER trip. I called billing, explained very nicely that I would not be paying that bill and why. I never heard from them again to attempt to collect that payment.

ENASNI

duct tape

I like to come to the forum to read the stories. Of course there are some really sad outcomes but mostly I find myself beng amused :) I thought I would share my story, maybe I can sue. (Just kidding of course.)

Once I had to bring my son to the ER because he cut his thumb. The intern that was assigned to "stitch" his thumb decided he could "glue" the cut thumb instead of using stitches. So with his preceptor in attendance he proceeded to add the surgi-glue to the cut and quickly folded his thumb so that there was skin on skin contact with the glue. The precepting educating MD promptly looked at me and ripped his thumb apart so that it would not be permantly stuck (because surgi-glue is really sticky). The small cut that I brought him in for was no longer a problem because my son had no skin left! He ended up with a larger superficial tear across the inner thumb fold, no longer an option to stitch. The Educating MD apologized and was mortified at the outcome. The intern learned a great lesson that day and will NEVER use glue and FOLD the finger down again! I took my son home with daily dressing changes and a great story to tell him for the rest of his life.

Incidently I did get a bill for that ER trip. I called billing, explained very nicely that I would not be paying that bill and why. I never heard from them again to attempt to collect that payment.
He could have used duct tape... a million uses for that... It is like The Force a Light and Dark side... what is your question?

barry1817

super glue

There is a place for glue, and when used properly has great results.

Years ago in Canada medicinal super glue was being used for brain surgery, instead of sutures for blood vessels.

One doesn't want skin on skin contact. What one wants is glue on what should be stiched, and all else protected. Results are often much better when done properly because there are no suture reminders, and as the healing takes place and new skin forms the glue will eventually fall off.

Glad that you didn't have to pay for this and that they were reasonable to realize that they were at fault for a problem they created, and resolved the problem.

Wow, I'm most surprised that they so easily waived your bill! That NEVER happens around here. They must have been afraid you would try to sue them :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">