• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not a question, suggested reading

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

There is a very excellent article in the current issue of Glamour magazine (April 2011) I read last night titled "Stop The B**ch Wars!" that I suggest reading. Much of the principles apply to both genders (especially concerning such things as blogs and the internet being used as tools to be cruel to others). Very insightful.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

There is a very excellent article in the current issue of Glamour magazine (April 2011) I read last night titled "Stop The B**ch Wars!" that I suggest reading. Much of the principles apply to both genders (especially concerning such things as blogs and the internet being used as tools to be cruel to others). Very insightful.

That was real helpful.

http://www.glamour.com/sex-love-life/2011/03/stop-the-bitch-wars

No, really.

majomom1

I really don't see how this article applies. It takes two to tango... there is no war if you do not respond, or fuel the fire.

OP -- none of this happened in your husband's posts, or yours. Not one poster was 'cruel' to either of you. Both of you spent more time arguing with the posters that you didn't like, than you did actually reading the advice in both.

What is pretty simple and straight forward, you both have tried to make complicated. Your husband threw up his hands and walked away, like a child, and you came on to what? Fight his battle? It sure doesn't look like it was to help him get any advice.

Different people, in different areas, at different levels in the custody battles will give advice in a variety of "attitudes". It's called life.

mistoffolees

I really don't see how this article applies. It takes two to tango... there is no war if you do not respond, or fuel the fire.
While the article is not related to any legal advice, it is a useful article. I see it all the time - people spend their whole lives bashing others. It's a good thing to remind people of the old adage "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all".

The good thing about the article is that they didn't focus on fighting about your ex or your neighbor, but talked about people bashing TV celebrities. I think that makes the point well - we are becoming a very negative society. Watch your kids some time - and see how much time they spend making negative comments vs. positive ones.

I agree, however, that it has nothing to do with OP's situation. She apparently STILL doesn't understand the way this forum works.

cyjeff

And apparently wifey thinks everyone replying to her/hubby is a women. :rolleyes:
I have an article around here somewhere from Popular Mechanics about how to do your own duct cleaning.

I think I will post it to help out the op as well.

It will have the same legal relevance.

OP -- none of this happened in your husband's posts, or yours. Not one poster was 'cruel' to either of you. Both of you spent more time arguing with the posters that you didn't like, than you did actually reading the advice in both.

What is pretty simple and straight forward, you both have tried to make complicated. Your husband threw up his hands and walked away, like a child, and you came on to what? Fight his battle? It sure doesn't look like it was to help him get any advice.

Different people, in different areas, at different levels in the custody battles will give advice in a variety of "attitudes". It's called life.
I didn't post about the article to directly apply it our situation, or in regards to a question. It is a separate thing, to say that I think it is a good article.

I do think it can be a useful read to anyone. I do personally agree with what it said about being honest and daring to respectfully disagree, and to simply talk to someone when you have a problem. So that being said, this is me being honest~ I disagree with this post. I'm not here to fight his battle. Not mine to fight. I don't need to be told what life is in someone else's opinion, it is my human right (even though I don't have a right in husband's custody case) to have my own opinions and say what I think.

Hope you have a great Sunday

In regards to comments about article not having any relevance.....never said it was legal advice:cool: I said I thought it is an excellent article. And it did address how internet (such as this forum) can devolve into degradation of others. I would say, in that respect, there is relevance.

cyjeff

In regards to comments about article not having any relevance.....never said it was legal advice:cool: I said I thought it is an excellent article. And it did address how internet (such as this forum) can devolve into degradation of others. I would say, in that respect, there is relevance.
We are a legal forum, not a self help group.

The moment a legally distant party started demanding legal advice upon a situation that not only didn't concern them (legally) AND involved children this forum will remind you that you have no say, no input and no involvement in the case.

The fact that you don't like that answer and the fact that your husband didn't like the answers he received does not make them untrue.

Deal with it. Leave if you want. Stay if you want.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have people that need our help that actually have a legal question to ask.

Even if you won't excuse me...

majomom1

I didn't post about the article to directly apply it our situation, or in regards to a question. It is a separate thing, to say that I think it is a good article.

I do think it can be a useful read to anyone. I do personally agree with what it said about being honest and daring to respectfully disagree, and to simply talk to someone when you have a problem. So that being said, this is me being honest~ I disagree with this post. I'm not here to fight his battle. Not mine to fight. I don't need to be told what life is in someone else's opinion, it is my human right (even though I don't have a right in husband's custody case) to have my own opinions and say what I think.

Hope you have a great Sunday
As it is ours... yet you keep telling folks here NOT to express theirs, you don't want to hear it.

Thank you. I am having a great Sunday!

majomom1

While the article is not related to any legal advice, it is a useful article. I see it all the time - people spend their whole lives bashing others. It's a good thing to remind people of the old adage "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all".

The good thing about the article is that they didn't focus on fighting about your ex or your neighbor, but talked about people bashing TV celebrities. I think that makes the point well - we are becoming a very negative society. Watch your kids some time - and see how much time they spend making negative comments vs. positive ones.

I agree, however, that it has nothing to do with OP's situation. She apparently STILL doesn't understand the way this forum works.
Oh, I agree it is a useful article, but you and I both know that OP is trying to apply it to her situation on this forum.

And yes, I do notice my kids and their conversations. I am forever on them to NOT to fall into the negative. Not an easy job and they, as teens, often argue with me like this OP saying "I have freedom of speech" blah blah blah.

I did attempt to answer OP's legal question... Apparently she missed it.

I sincerely agree with most of this post. What you said about the kids and what the article said especially struck (about imagining your daughter acting that way or saying those things). Since this is the child custody thread, I would guess members here have daughters and/or sons. I think it helps their best interests if they are taught that negative comments and behavior tend to obstruct and destroy instead of accomplish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">