• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Passport Cancellations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dah1986

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Federal Immigration Law.

Let's assume one holds a green card and is currently living in the United States (As you do when you have a green card); if the green card holder's foreign passport were to be cancelled, become expired or otherwise no longer valid, would that person lose status as a permanent resident in the United States? i.e. would the green card holder be required to leave the United States?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Federal Immigration Law.

Let's assume one holds a green card and is currently living in the United States (As you do when you have a green card); if the green card holder's foreign passport were to be cancelled, become expired or otherwise no longer valid, would that person lose status as a permanent resident in the United States? i.e. would the green card holder be required to leave the United States?

Technically a permanent resident is required to keep their passport current. However, if the passport expires the resident would not fall out of status nor would they be subject to deportation proceedings.

So given your other thread...what's really going on here, dah? :)

dah1986

What's really going on here?

I am hiding out in tax haven called the United States of America (yes, I am being sarcastic). Come on, you serious?

If I was up to something illegal, I would have tried going to South America, not North.

Just call it family politics.

Proserpina

What's really going on here?

I am hiding out in tax haven called the United States of America (yes, I am being sarcastic). Come on, you serious?

If I was up to something illegal, I would have tried going to South America, not North.

Just call it family politics.

G'night then.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">