• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Story

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Seems at the time you were posting that it was still Georgia Law that the child's wishes would be considered a COC and be followed. Of course, all that's changed now and they are not allowed to 'choose' in a vacuum. Best interests are now a great part of that. :cool:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I don't think that was OP's post... OP mentions Georgia, but the old thread is from Arkansas...
She said her name was sweettea. That is sweettea's only post. HENCE she lied. What she lied about is the ONLY point of debate.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Sorry, that's not me. I said I wasn't sure what my login was. That poster is from Arkansas. I am from Georgia. That poster also has more than one kid. My ex never went without visitation. He sued me for custody when she was just 12.

Because he won, this site assumed that there had to be something wrong with my parenting since it went against the law. No guardian ad litem that WAS requested by me. No hearing with the judge. The judge just stated that if that is what the child wanted, at 12, so be it. It didn't matter that at 12, she had a 17-year-old on-line boyfriend from Puerto Rico that the ex flew to Georgia to stay with him. It didn't matter that I was denied visitation and phone calls for weeks at a time. It cost me 15K to learn that.

His case against me was that I had moved my mother into my home. It didn't matter that my mother had a separate apartment, complete with kitchen, downstairs from mine and my daughter's living quarters. Taking care of my mother and working full-time outside of the home deemed me as unfit to care for a 12-year-old properly.

Things are good now. But I had to ditch the lawyers and the courts. She now lives with me. No child support and no change in custody papers. He has all the visitation he wants and I encourage it. But it isn't much with a resentful teenager. I continue to tell her that parents are stupid and HER parents are especially dumb, and she believes that, but scars take time to heal.

Again, you assumed I was a liar without validating your facts further proving my point that Family Law is flawed and should be avoided. I know you guys have a hard time admitting their is corruption in the family court system, but it is a disservice to all posters seeking your advise to not warn them of potential rulings against the grain of the law.

People can save a lot of money and heartache by avoiding the court system as much as possible, even if they are "right" in the eyes of the law.
You are the one who said your log in was sweettea. And we needed to find it. I found it. YOU LIED. Got it? I didn't assume you were a liar. I proved you were a liar.

sweettea&cream

I said I THOUGHT my name was "sweetea" but was not sure. HENCE, no deception. Just you twisting the facts. Perhaps you have trouble recognizing honesty? If I knew how to search for my old username, I would just so you can see how reprehensible your attitude was towards me. You liked calling me "controlling" and trying to alienate the father.

I really do not remember who I logged in as. Timeframe was 5/07. Ex had enrolled daughter in private school near his home for the coming year without my knowledge and then sued me. I think that was my first question -- how could he legally do that? He was given temporary custody for the summer. I stopped posting 11/07 when I lost full custody.

I do remember you very well and your cynicism and insulting nature has not changed. You like to blame the OP regardless of the facts presented. But please don't rewrite facts to suit your response and then call the OP a liar based on your new version of the facts.

She said her name was sweettea. That is sweettea's only post. HENCE she lied. What she lied about is the ONLY point of debate.

La-a

So you tell your child that parents are stupid, her parents are exceptionally stupid, and you fight with the child against the courts and other parent?

I'm wary of this parenting techinique: I've personally never seen it work out in a beneficial manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">