• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ectopic pregnancy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

araceliz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new jersey

i asked my gyn several times to sceadule appt for surgery to remove painful ovarian cyst. each time i was givin b.c. to shrink it which did not work. since then i have had two ectopic pregnancies the last which resulted in an emergenc c section a month after doctors told me they cant see a baby..:( when i awoke from surgery the sergeon told me he also removed a big cyt from my ovary which was the cause of my ectopics pregnancies.. im very hurt and confused and still cry when i look at the scar. can i sue my gyn? did he have a right to denie my request for surgery?

Banned_Princess

did both baby's die? do you have proof you requested surgery, and them decline?

what were they doing to treat it? did you have a laproscopy- for him to go through your belly button and get photo images of the issue?

what were they doing to fix the problem?

did he inform you that the cyst is causing there to be a risk of ectopic pregnancies, and maybe you should protect yourself by being on the pill, to lower the risk???

how are you permanently injured?

Banned_Princess

In an ectopic pregnancy the baby is outside the womb and cannot survive. Without medical intervention the mother will not live either.

OP, so sorry for your loss.
oh. even more serious then I thought.

did OP KNOW the cyst would cause this infliction if she were to get pregnant?

Sounds like something that would not cause long term damage to your repoduct organs.

ecmst12

It doesn't make sense to say that cysts cause ectopic pregnancies. Considering this OP thought she had a c-section for an ectopic pregnancy (twice!) I'm willing to bet that she's confused about something.

There is a test you can have done to see whether your tubes are blocked; perhaps you should consider having this done before attempting to get pregnant again (and if you don't want to get pregnant now, go on BC pills until you are).

Ectopic pregnancies can't be diagnosed until they have progressed far enough along to visualize something in the tube, usually at least a month from when you find out you are pregnant (depending on how early you find out). If your surgeon was able to correct the problem without removing the tube entirely, you are definitely fortunate.

lealea1005

...did he have a right to denie my request for surgery?
Yes, he did. Surgeons are obligated to treat the ovarian cyst medically before opting to go in and remove it surgically.

I also find the post confusing....OP did you have an ectopic pregnancy within an old C-section scar?

You Are Guilty

There is a test you can have done to see whether your tubes are blocked; perhaps you should consider having this done before attempting to get pregnant again (and if you don't want to get pregnant now, go on BC pills until you are).
HSG

(I'm going to butcher this but Hysterosalpingogram, I think. No matter how it's spelled, its rather unpleasant).

ecmst12

I think that's the right spelling :) And I am SURE that however bad it is, it's not as unpleasant as 2 ectopic pregnancies...

CLJM

Hysterosalpingogram --- very unpleasant. I shiver even at the thought of remembering.

Banned princess--- most times, with an ectopic pregancy, which means the baby is growing inside the fallopian tube and not the uterus, the fallopian tube must be removed...or, so far damaged with scar tissue that it is no longer viable. ( the baby grows in the fallopian tube and, if undetected, can burst within the tube and the woman would hemorage---putting the woman's life at risk.

I couldn't imagine anyone with an ovarian cyst chancing a pregnancy--not once, but twice ! YIKES !

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">