• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

O/T: LeAnne Rimes on how Steps fit into families

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anapr

Thoughts?

Taken from HuffPo Article: Leann Rimes: 'Stepmom' Has A Bad Connotation

Leann Rimes is not a "stepmom" to new hubby Eddie Cibrian's two sons. Sure, she married Cibrian after their much publicized affair and subsequent divorces -- inheriting a new blended family along the way. But according to the self-titled "bonus mom," "A family is a family...there is no 'step' about it."

Rimes took to her personal blog Tuesday to speak out against the inadequacies of the word "step," which she says "take on such a negative connotation to so many in our society." The outspoken country star wrote about the challenges so-called stepparents face:

"It’s not easy being a stepparent, taking on a mother or father role in your new blended family and household. It can be incredibly intimidating," she writes. “There are many obstacles to overcome. Two households with different rules, many different personalities and opinions that can pose issues at times. But it’s important to take the high road for the kids’ sake and ultimately your own.”
She adds: "One thing that I know is, I will never replace their mother. I would never try. I will however love them with all I have and do everything in my power to help raise them in a loving, safe and proper environment.”
Rimes and her ex-husband, Dean Sheremet, divorced in December 2009, eight months after revelations of her and Cibrian's affair surfaced in March 2009 and three months after Cibrian split from his wife of eight years, Brandi Glanville.

She and Cibrian tied the knot in April 2011.

Proserpina

Dear Leann,

Congratulations on your recent nuppies! We're so very happy for you!

No doubt you and ...what was his name again? Eddie! Right, that actor dude. That's the one. Anyway, no doubt you and Eddie's union will be nothing but roses, flowers, new babies and photo ops.

Be sure to remember us though when you need advice on how to file for child support when (because y'know, dropping a couple of kids often leaves those abdominal muscles a little less than taught - and these new upcoming actresses these days? Dayum!) he dumps you and you're left with the kiddies.

No, you can't terminate his rights or change their last names.

And no, YOUR new boyfriend isn't Dad.

All that aside though - good luck!

(Because you're gonna need it).

Lots of love,

Us.

PS. Please don't call your kids any stupid names. Really.

anapr

My first thought was..."Man, she talks about this topic in the press a lot!"

I'm surprised no one in her inner circle has told her to put a sock in it.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Thoughts?

Taken from HuffPo Article: Leann Rimes: 'Stepmom' Has A Bad Connotation

Leann Rimes is not a "stepmom" to new hubby Eddie Cibrian's two sons. Sure, she married Cibrian after their much publicized affair and subsequent divorces -- inheriting a new blended family along the way. But according to the self-titled "bonus mom," "A family is a family...there is no 'step' about it."

Rimes took to her personal blog Tuesday to speak out against the inadequacies of the word "step," which she says "take on such a negative connotation to so many in our society." The outspoken country star wrote about the challenges so-called stepparents face:

"It’s not easy being a stepparent, taking on a mother or father role in your new blended family and household. It can be incredibly intimidating," she writes. “There are many obstacles to overcome. Two households with different rules, many different personalities and opinions that can pose issues at times. But it’s important to take the high road for the kids’ sake and ultimately your own.”
She adds: "One thing that I know is, I will never replace their mother. I would never try. I will however love them with all I have and do everything in my power to help raise them in a loving, safe and proper environment.”
Rimes and her ex-husband, Dean Sheremet, divorced in December 2009, eight months after revelations of her and Cibrian's affair surfaced in March 2009 and three months after Cibrian split from his wife of eight years, Brandi Glanville.

She and Cibrian tied the knot in April 2011.
There is also a negative connotation to being an adulterous whore as well. She at least states she will never replace their mother but it didn't stop her from slipping into their mother's role to screw their father.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Dear Leann,

Congratulations on your recent nuppies! We're so very happy for you!

No doubt you and ...what was his name again? Eddie! Right, that actor dude. That's the one. Anyway, no doubt you and Eddie's union will be nothing but roses, flowers, new babies and photo ops.

Be sure to remember us though when you need advice on how to file for child support when (because y'know, dropping a couple of kids often leaves those abdominal muscles a little less than taught - and these new upcoming actresses these days? Dayum!) he dumps you and you're left with the kiddies.

No, you can't terminate his rights or change their last names.

And no, YOUR new boyfriend isn't Dad.

All that aside though - good luck!

(Because you're gonna need it).

Lots of love,

Us.

PS. Please don't call your kids any stupid names. Really.
You forgot the part about where Eddie is screwing the next actress on one of his "projects" and she is slipping between the sheets with a roadie or someone on her next tour. If they do it WITH YOU, they will do it to you.

cyjeff

Dear LeAnn,

We are so happy for you. Really. We believe that children have never suffered from having more people in their lives that love them, protect them and nurture them.

However, you are not a bonus mom. Bonus means "more of the same". You aren't.... well, if you are, then I get to be "Bonus dad" because I have exactly the same rights to those children as you do.

Yes, yes... I know you have abs for days and a bank account that could cure California's debt problem, but that doesn't give you the rights to someone else's children just because you are schtupping one of the parents.

You are not bonus mom. You are Dad's love bunny. The good news is that you have enough money for an exceptional legal team when the children's actual MOM reads your little diatribes and sues for full custody because you are interfering..

Speaking of... what in the HELL are you thinking discussing the children in the national press? How can that be good for their development? Discuss your vacation, your diet secrets, what is left of your career or any other subject. If you were talking about MY children as part of your PR campaign to show you weren't really a slut that stole my family, I would have you in court so fast it would make your head spin.

See, I would feel that you shouldn't use MY children to prove that stealing MY husband and MY kids - because, let's face it, you stole half my time with my children from me... our lives are forever changed - was actually an awesome thing for all concerned because the kids received a BONUS MOM.

Woo Hoo for LeAnn... she didn't break up a marriage and a family, she gave everyone the gift of LOVE!!!

What crap.

Unless you can show me the stretch marks that represent their birth, you should step off.

Unca Jeffy....OUT!

cyjeff

And it's not like the kids' dad picked LeAnn to come into the kids life because of her parenting skills...

I am pretty sure the kids weren't there for the interview process....God, at least I hope so.

nope, Dad came home and said, "I found this person... let's see what kind of a mom she can be... as she takes you away from your mom every week for a while. It's okay kids, I checked her out. She's got a great rack and a cute little pooper.... wha? No, she has never read me a bed time story (well, okay, she did but it involved a girl being captured by pirates and... nevermind) but here's a CD."

Like THAT isn't scary.

mistoffolees

Dear LeAnn,

We are so happy for you. Really. We believe that children have never suffered from having more people in their lives that love them, protect them and nurture them.

However, you are not a bonus mom. Bonus means "more of the same". You aren't.... well, if you are, then I get to be "Bonus dad" because I have exactly the same rights to those children as you do.

Yes, yes... I know you have abs for days and a bank account that could cure California's debt problem, but that doesn't give you the rights to someone else's children just because you are schtupping one of the parents.

You are not bonus mom. You are Dad's love bunny. The good news is that you have enough money for an exceptional legal team when the children's actual MOM reads your little diatribes and sues for full custody because you are interfering..

Speaking of... what in the HELL are you thinking discussing the children in the national press? How can that be good for their development? Discuss your vacation, your diet secrets, what is left of your career or any other subject. If you were talking about MY children as part of your PR campaign to show you weren't really a slut that stole my family, I would have you in court so fast it would make your head spin.

See, I would feel that you shouldn't use MY children to prove that stealing MY husband and MY kids - because, let's face it, you stole half my time with my children from me... our lives are forever changed - was actually an awesome thing for all concerned because the kids received a BONUS MOM.

Woo Hoo for LeAnn... she didn't break up a marriage and a family, she gave everyone the gift of LOVE!!!

What crap.

Unless you can show me the stretch marks that represent their birth, you should step off.

Unca Jeffy....OUT!
And it's not like the kids' dad picked LeAnn to come into the kids life because of her parenting skills...

I am pretty sure the kids weren't there for the interview process....God, at least I hope so.

nope, Dad came home and said, "I found this person... let's see what kind of a mom she can be... as she takes you away from your mom every week for a while. It's okay kids, I checked her out. She's got a great rack and a cute little pooper.... wha? No, she has never read me a bed time story (well, okay, she did but it involved a girl being captured by pirates and... nevermind) but here's a CD."

Like THAT isn't scary.
Unca Jeffy.... you're the best. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">