• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gas pump hose exploded on me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crafty35a

So, in a nutshell, you're suggesting that our OP lie in order to inflate his claim.

I thought we didn't do that here... :confused:
Frankly, no lying is necessary. I think I am being more than reasonable in asking for reimbursement for my ruined clothing, considering the circumstances. As it happens, we were on our way to a concert when the incident occurred. Because I was covered in gas, we had to turn around and go home so I could shower, and attempt to wash the gasoline out of my clothes and shoes (which didn't work, by the way). We ended up missing about half the concert. Still, I only really care about being able to replace my gasoline soaked clothes.

xylene

Still, I only really care about being able to replace my gasoline soaked clothes.
They only legally have to pay you depreciated value of the clothes.

You are really asking for replacement value.

That is why I am advising you to also point how awful the experience was and how it cost you time, ruined your date, and caused substantial discomfort.

justalayman

and with all that settled:

since your credit card had been validated by the pump, you need to be sure there isn't a charge on your card for whatever gas was spilled. It wouldn't likely be a lot but there is no justification to not credit your account for whatever charge there is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">