• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

When Borrower isn't paying 2nd Mortg.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miha

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
What is your advice on course of action when borrower has stopped making their monthly payments on their 2nd mortgage? My now deceased father entered in to this agreement with the borrower through a mortgage broker friend a few years ago. They have made their payments every month up until 4 months ago. I sent them a Registered Letter about a month ago asking if they were having a problem meeting their obligation. I asked them to contact me to discuss. The letter was delivered, but I still haven't heard from them. Doing my research, everything I found on this issue for CA says that you have to get the 1st involved. Am I understanding that correctly?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
What is your advice on course of action when borrower has stopped making their monthly payments on their 2nd mortgage? My now deceased father entered in to this agreement with the borrower through a mortgage broker friend a few years ago. They have made their payments every month up until 4 months ago. I sent them a Registered Letter about a month ago asking if they were having a problem meeting their obligation. I asked them to contact me to discuss. The letter was delivered, but I still haven't heard from them. Doing my research, everything I found on this issue for CA says that you have to get the 1st involved. Am I understanding that correctly?
**A: who has title to the property? That person or entity would need to file foreclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">