• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I've learned

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sweettea&cream

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

It took me a while, but I have read the threads for a couple of months and I have learned. The senior posters here are knowledgeable. They are also, sometimes, harsh. Ohiogal, you are exceptional in both categories. But, I have learned that if you read enough, you will get your answer, and possibly, save a lot of time, money, and heartache. I got my answers long ago and had a happy ending, so far. However, I still read this forum for the insight and challenges to questions. Most people in emotional custody turmoil have a hard time with the answers provided here. I advise to take a deep breath and READ and ABSORB the responses. At the very least, it will save you dollars.

Thank you, seniors.

Last edited:

Eekamouse

Really well said... Thank you all the seniors who post on this board. The fact that you take the time to answer questions for people, even when they're ungrateful, argumentative, disbelieving, or downright antagonistic to you because they didn't like the response they received is awesome. You guys deserve a lot of credit for sharing your knowledge of the law. :)

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

It took me a while, but I have read the threads for a couple of months and I have learned. The senior posters here are knowledgeable. They are also, sometimes, harsh. Ohiogal, you are exceptional in both categories. But, I have learned that if you read enough, you will get your answer, and possibly, save a lot of time, money, and heartache. I got my answers long ago and had a happy ending, so far. However, I still read this forum for the insight and challenges to questions. Most people in emotional custody turmoil have a hard time with the answers provided here. I advise to take a deep breath and READ and ABSORB the responses. At the very least, it will save you dollars.

Thank you, seniors.
Thank you, I think. I am blunt, direct and, admittedly, even harsh at times. But i also try to post correct information and back it up with caselaw/statute.

sweettea&cream

It was a compliment, Ohiogal.

Perhaps the TOS should be modified with an addition that responses to questions are not designed to be soley judgemental in nature, but rather simulates challenges as to what the OP can expect to receive from opposing counsel.

If OPs can learn to respond objectively to harsh and blunt challenges here, they will be far better prepared in their actual situation.

See, I really have learned!:)

Just Blue

It was a compliment, Ohiogal.

Perhaps the TOS should be modified with an addition that responses to questions are not designed to be soley judgemental in nature, but rather simulates challenges as to what the OP can expect to receive from opposing counsel.

If OPs can learn to respond objectively to harsh and blunt challenges here, they will be far better prepared in their actual situation.

See, I really have learned!:)
Very eloquently worded. And INDEED you did learn.:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">