• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Land survey shows.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

softy515

This process has been a roller coaster.

What has happen since is that 'we' filled permits for the improvements to be made to the trailer to start the process for the buyer. (He paid for the permits and did all the paper work.)

When that happen, the county ended up sending a letter to the neighbors telling them they have to move the shed.

They have agreed to move the shed but they can't do it till May. We want to settle NOW.

Buyer said he would go to settlement but with $2500 of the purchases price held in escrow until the shed actually is moved.

In the mean time, the neighbors offered a few more dollars for the property.... seems they want it.

I don't know what to do. My understanding is WE can not back out of the contract, only the buyer could at this point. Is this true.

Please, any suggestions. This has taken all I got and I feel so close to snapping. :(

Thanks in advance.

FarmerJ

If land was sold to them how would it affect the lot and future new buildings ? your buyer id guess is expecting x amount of land ? if you sold x amount of land to buyer that may be enough to change the whole deal enough that buyer may want to back out? your best bet may be to follow thru getting them to move the shed but may is a long way off so keep working with your atty on this.

softy515

FYI:

We went to settlement, they put 1500 in escrow till the shed is moved. The county IS making them move it, they just needed a bit of time. However, the buyer really needed to get to work on the property (trailer). Hopefully in the next month or two the shed will be moved....

All these things make you think. I know I am going to be checking my property lines so something like this doesn't come up at a bad time.

Thanks for all the help!

HomeGuru

FYI:

We went to settlement, they put 1500 in escrow till the shed is moved. The county IS making them move it, they just needed a bit of time. However, the buyer really needed to get to work on the property (trailer). Hopefully in the next month or two the shed will be moved....

All these things make you think. I know I am going to be checking my property lines so something like this doesn't come up at a bad time.

Thanks for all the help!
**A: good story ending.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">