• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation without conviction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave33

Ohiogal, highwayman, I never once said anything about attorney's being bad. Not once. You seem to be so negative you read what you want and then extract some random meaning to back up your misguided thought.

Highwayman, You can say whatever you want, it does no good.

Public defenders in general do not have the resources or time to put on a good defense. They often represent hundreds of people per month. I do not care what kind of lawyer you are you cannot afford all those people a good defense.

BL

Ohiogal, highwayman, I never once said anything about attorney's being bad. Not once. You seem to be so negative you read what you want and then extract some random meaning to back up your misguided thought.

Highwayman, You can say whatever you want, it does no good.

Public defenders in general do not have the resources or time to put on a good defense. They often represent hundreds of people per month. I do not care what kind of lawyer you are you cannot afford all those people a good defense.
You said ,
The legal system is like anything else. You get what you pay for. If you did not pay for a defense, than you will notn get a defense. goodluck.
And we can extract what that means , and it's NOT true.

I think I covered it in my post . One has to work with their Attorney .

Each case is different and each prosecution is different ,plus the defendant's criminal background comes into decisions.

Last edited:

dave33

You said ,

And we can extract what that means , and it's NOT true.

I think I covered it in my post . One has to work with their Attorney .

Each case is different and each prosecution is different ,plus the defendant's criminal background comes into decisions.
A p.d. represents several people at once. He/she cannot submit motions, hire invetigators and put hours of their day into 1 case, it does not happen.

I agree every case is different. Try going to trial with a public defender. Nobody to help with motions, research. A p.d. will always push for a deal. This may be good in some cases with a paid attorney, but it is a defendants best deal with a p.d. be4cayse of the reasons I outlined.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
A p.d. represents several people at once. He/she cannot submit motions, hire invetigators and put hours of their day into 1 case, it does not happen.

I agree every case is different. Try going to trial with a public defender. Nobody to help with motions, research. A p.d. will always push for a deal. This may be good in some cases with a paid attorney, but it is a defendants best deal with a p.d. be4cayse of the reasons I outlined.
Keep showing your stupidity. I know several public defenders that take their cases to trial. I also know several HIGH PAID attorneys that will try to force through a settlement. You are speaking and showing nothing but ignorance.

Signed,
A Public Defender (yes I take court appointed cases and defend the accused)

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Have you ever been represented by a p.d.? Are you the "clueless" one?
Are you a p.d.? Oh, you aren't? Because i have taken several cases to trial. Considering 99% of all cases settle, I have done very well taking cases to trial and then, as a court appointed attorney, taking them to the appeals court and WINNING. What experience do you have other than committing crimes?

Last edited by a moderator:

dave33

Keep showing your stupidity. I know several public defenders that take their cases to trial. I also know several HIGH PAID attorneys that will try to force through a settlement. You are speaking and showing nothing but ignorance.

Signed,
A Public Defender (yes I take court appointed cases and defend the accused)
There are exceptions to the rule. The bottom line is that if a public defender provided a good defense than criminal lawyers would be out of business.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
There are exceptions to the rule. The bottom line is that if a public defender provided a good defense than criminal lawyers would be out of business.
Now you are really showing your stupidity. Public defenders are appointed when someone is declared indigent -- as in that little Constitutional bit of -- if you can't afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you.
There are always people accused that do not qualify for appointed counsel because they have too many assets or earn too much money. Oh and many "criminal lawyers" also are on the public defender/appointed list. Please just quit typing since you have no clue about what you are typing.

dave33

Are you a p.d.? Oh, you aren't? Because i have taken several cases to trial. Considering 99% of all cases settle, I have done very well taking cases to trial and then, as a court appointed attorney, taking them to the appeals court and WINNING. What experience do you have other than committing crimes?
If you did "very well", than what the heck are you doing in the appeals court?

Make up your mind, court appointed or public defender?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Because I have taken other cases to the appeals court after being appointed by the court for the APPEAL alone. And public defender is synonymous with court appointed in my area. So why don't you make up your mind? Or, at the very least, admit you don't know of what you speak.

BL

You like to just come here and argue to take away the purpose of a thread and I will as M to remove all postings that do take away from the poster's questions.

Some Judged just like to abuse their disrection or what ever ,hoping appeals never happen .

Happened to me and my PD took it to appeals and won.

More arguments ?

dave33

Because I have taken other cases to the appeals court after being appointed by the court for the APPEAL alone. And public defender is synonymous with court appointed in my area. So why don't you make up your mind? Or, at the very least, admit you don't know of what you speak.
Oh, I know of what I speak. If the two are synonymous than when people speak of a p.d. they are very rarely talking about your situation. Your area is not like most others where the majority of court cases are heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">