• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Relationship with "Direct Report"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eerelations

OP here. Not sure who's being sarcastic here, but I am fortunate to have a little savings and a bit of severance. It's been a tough year.
I was not being sarcastic. You may not know this, but when we provide good accurate legal information to posters and it's not the legal information they were hoping to get, 90%+ of them respond with swearing, cursing, name-calling, death threats, you name it any bad horrible thing they can say, they say it. I personally have never seen a response like yours and was simply sending my appreciation.

Last edited:

You Are Guilty

I've been here longer than most and I have also never seen such a well written reply post. Kudos, OP. With an attitude like that, I am sure you will do well wherever your future endeavors take you.

Goodfella

As a postscript: On the advice of my lawyer, I did ask for 6 months of severance instead of the 2 that was on the table. They came back with 3 months, which I quickly agreed to!

commentator

And you still need to file for unemployment insurance, even though you are planning to start and get up and running in your own business. You may not be fully occupied with the new business, and it may not take off, may not take all your time, and may not produce any income for you for quite a while. So file for unemployment benefits also and do what they ask of you. After all, even if you are interested in starting your own business, if you were to apply for and find the most wonderful job in the world, you'd probably take it, wouldn't you? Good luck!esads

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">