• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questions On "Exempt Position"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

johnw2011

Your employer is wrong. He may believe that to be the case, or he may just want to discourage you from filing, I don't know. But he is wrong nonetheless.

It took ten seconds on Google to find this.

http://mdes.ms.gov/Home/FAQ/unemploymentServices.html#1_3
Thanks. looked over and It may be obliviously to you , but I cannot find the question or a similar one is addressed there. “will I need to be terminated to receive/entitle the benefits?” , I need to show that for the employer.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thanks. looked over and It may be obliviously to you , but I cannot find the question or a similar one is addressed there. “will I need to be terminated to receive/entitle the benefits?” , I need to show that for the employer.
You don't need to show ANYTHING to the employer.

johnw2011

I got that I need no approval from the emploer to apply the unemployment. But the employer wanted to terminate me in order for me to get the unemployment benefits. They are in process of my termination, I want to show them wrong. That was my last query.

Zigner

I got that I need no approval from the emploer to apply the unemployment. But the employer wanted to terminate me in order for me to get the unemployment benefits. They are in process of my termination, I want to show them wrong. That was my last query.
Tell them not to terminate you. If they are intent on doing it, they're going to do it anyway. Seriously, an employer such as you are describing knows how UI law works...

Zigner

Please provide the relevant document if you could help me for the inquirey . I need it asap. Thanks.
I'm sorry, but the "document" you are referring to is the UI law for your state. A link to the FAQ's for that law was posted - you will have to go from there.

There is no "magic document" - and I can assure you that the folks at your employer know the law.

commentator

I go back to the fact that Federal contractors are much more carefully monitored than the regular employer. They could check this out for temselves very easily and could, if they were so inclined, actually provide you with the partial unemployment insurance form without termination. But they don't have to, you can file for yourself, without even asking them or clearing this with them in any way.

If this yahoo is telling you that you have to be terminated,BECAUSE you have filed for temporary unemployment insurance, this is almost retaliation. It appears they are trying to terminate you anyhow and were looking for an excuse. Ask them if this is the case. Be sure to emphasize that you expect full recall as soon as the contract is renegotiated. But it doesn't have to be this way. You can most definitely file for temporary or "partial" or temporary unemployment without being separated from the employer. When you're looking at the laws and information about your state, be sure you look for the term "partial" unemployment benefits. Or you can call the unemployment system in your state, and ask a general question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">