• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

filing cross-complaint against government entity(LAUSD)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sadgodmother

While one would not normally have to file a complaint before a cross-complaint, your situation may be problematical for a few reasons. One, it is a government entity. Another, there is a bargaining agreement in place. Yet another is the length of time we're talking about. Maybe more as well when we get into the facts. Someone else may be able to help you on your specific issues as it does not seem to be strictly legal ones in the general sense. I suspect you would have had to administratively make claims within certain time periods for wage issues with the school district. Failing to use all available administrative remedies may prevent you from making a claim at this time.

Since you are asking the question, I assume you are not represented. You need representation. If you don't have it, you will almost assuredly lose to the government lawyers so it is worth scraping together as much as you can to get one. As to the rest, when you say it was returned for being late, who returned it? If the court clerk, how far along are you in litigation?
THANK YOU
LAUSD returned it to me.
I only sent the claim form because I thought I had to because it was a gvmt entity.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Its nice to know you are pleased with yourself.
I thought this site was to obtain legal help, not to be made fun of.
I hope you are proud of yourself.
Are you really an attorney?
The FreeAdvice Forums are intended to enable consumers to benefit from the experience of other consumers who have faced similar legal issues. FreeAdvice does NOT vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any posting on the Forums or the identity or qualifications of any person asking questions or responding on the Forums.

TigerD

After reading the attitude, I decline to assist beyond stating: You need to hire a lawyer yesterday.

DC

tranquility

THANK YOU
LAUSD returned it to me.
I only sent the claim form because I thought I had to because it was a gvmt entity.
The government claims act is usually for torts and some contracts. I don't think wage disagreements require a notification at six months. Not that that means you have the ability to cross-complain, but that I don't think this falls under the usual situation where a "claim" is needed.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=gov&group=00001-01000&file=905-907

Silverplum

Its nice to know you are pleased with yourself.
I thought this site was to obtain legal help, not to be made fun of.
I hope you are proud of yourself.
Are you really an attorney?
I can't imagine what is your problem with my post.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes, I am pleased with myself in general, and no, I am not an attorney.

sadgodmother

The government claims act is usually for torts and some contracts. I don't think wage disagreements require a notification at six months. Not that that means you have the ability to cross-complain, but that I don't think this falls under the usual situation where a "claim" is needed.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=gov&group=00001-01000&file=905-907
THANKS for your opinion and your assistance, you have been very helpful.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">