• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mother abusing child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

escobar479

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Florida

Hi,

I need some help please. I have been separated (never married) with my ex for a couple of years now and last week I found out my ex is abusing my daughter emotionally, she's telling my daughter that I call her mother bad names, also, whenever my daughter wants to sometime from a store she tells her that she cannot buy because daddy didn't give her money, and she's not picking up my phone calls, however all this is not true because all i do is talk good about her mother and I always give her a check every two weeks when i get paid. I feel like just picking up my daughter from school and not letting her stay with her mother because she's abusing my daughter, today when my daughter finally sent me a video chat request I was talking to her and I asked her what she did today and she said that she stayed home because daddy didn't give mom any money and her eyes got watery and almost started crying, and that is not true, i give her mom a check every two weeks, I feel helpless and dont know what to do, I feel like picking up my daughter from school tomorrow and not letting her stay with her mother anymore until she changes her ways, I'm just afraid i will make things worse and get arrested or something, do u know what are my options, or what u would recommend, I live in the state of florida, I was never married to my ex but my name is on the birth certificate and I have proof I have been giving her child support (well under the table bc we have never gone to court for child support) also let me mention this just in case, Im with my daughter three days a week and she's with her 4 days a week, please help, any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you

Victor

Banned_Princess

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Florida

Hi,

I need some help please. I have been separated (never married) with my ex for a couple of years now and last week I found out my ex is abusing my daughter emotionally, she's telling my daughter that I call her mother bad names, also, whenever my daughter wants to sometime from a store she tells her that she cannot buy because daddy didn't give her money, and she's not picking up my phone calls, however all this is not true because all i do is talk good about her mother and I always give her a check every two weeks when i get paid. I feel like just picking up my daughter from school and not letting her stay with her mother because she's abusing my daughter, today when my daughter finally sent me a video chat request I was talking to her and I asked her what she did today and she said that she stayed home because daddy didn't give mom any money and her eyes got watery and almost started crying, and that is not true, i give her mom a check every two weeks, I feel helpless and dont know what to do, I feel like picking up my daughter from school tomorrow and not letting her stay with her mother anymore until she changes her ways, I'm just afraid i will make things worse and get arrested or something, do u know what are my options, or what u would recommend, I live in the state of florida, I was never married to my ex but my name is on the birth certificate and I have proof I have been giving her child support (well under the table bc we have never gone to court for child support) also let me mention this just in case, Im with my daughter three days a week and she's with her 4 days a week, please help, any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you

Victor
How old is this child.

you have her 3 days a week, you obviously have opportunity to talk to your kid about this.

escobar479

She's 7 and yes I can talk to her about it but thats not my point, her mother is feeding her lies and creating an image of her father thats not true, also, shes affecting her emotionally, i did a video chat with my daughter today and she almost started crying(i will not tolerate my daughter crying bc her mother is immature), my daughter is suffering and I want it to stop, if I don't stop this now it will only get worse, I want to do whatever I can do to take custody of my daughter at least "temporarily" so that my ex understands thats not acceptable

escobar479

you obviously are no help, I'm not trying to teach my ex a lesson, i don't want to see my daughter cry and get hurt because her mom is immature, plus she's painting an image of me thats not real, if theres something i take pride in its being a good father, thanks for the help .

Last edited by a moderator:

ecmst12

I'm not a moderator. Everyone who posts here is a volunteer. Your ex is not abusing your child. What she's doing may not be nice, but it's not abuse, and it's not a reason to change custody.

Banned_Princess

you obviously are no help, I'm not trying to teach my ex a lesson, i don't want to see my daughter cry and get hurt because her mom is immature, plus she's painting an image of me thats not real, if theres something i take pride in its being a good father, thanks for the help.
your child is going to be hurt and cry over things in her life, you can only try to counteract.

your child is with her mom, and you aren't going to be able to get custody of your child because her mom makes her cry. if theres a real concern you can call CPS, they will make a recommendation, and I'm pretty sure it will result in no action, but it might not hurt to try.
You may also go to court and try to have a court order that she cant talk about you like that, but how do you think you are going to enforce something like that? how could you prove, without putting your child on the spot she is trash talking you?

your daughter will come to see the game her mom is playing, rest assured.

We are not moderators, we are the public. Just because we aren't as impressed about your situation as you would like us to be, does not make us unknowledgeable. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">