• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any cap on prices for retrieving medical records?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

schlep.rock

I'm in Oregon. I just read the OAR and I think it allows a fee of $1 for first 10 pages. $0.50 for next 10, and $0.25 for all additional. Is there a new federal law that caps or otherwise overrides this? I can read this stuff all day, but knowing how it works in practice is far more challenging.

Is there anything out there I can use and are they required to sort of give me an estimate of what it might cost? I don't even know how big this file is.

Thank you for considering this question.

racer72

I'm in Oregon. I just read the OAR and I think it allows a fee of $1 for first 10 pages. $0.50 for next 10, and $0.25 for all additional. Is there a new federal law that caps or otherwise overrides this? I can read this stuff all day, but knowing how it works in practice is far more challenging.

Is there anything out there I can use and are they required to sort of give me an estimate of what it might cost? I don't even know how big this file is.

Thank you for considering this question.
When you called your provider and asked, what were you told?

jiggy78

Those sound like very reasonable rates to me. It costs them money to retrieve your records and I doubt those fees cover much of that. They are just to make sure people really want them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">